Weight of new JAcksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of new JAcksons

I have been playing an RR1T, and I must say that it is very light in comparison to other Jacksons that I have owned. I think that difference is that All of my other Jacksons have been Poplar, and this one is alder..

Killer Guitar though...it practically plays itself...

What surprised me was the weight, or relative lack thereof, of the all-mahogany Bond RR and Dominion(edit: realized later this was in the USA section...duh). It's nice to have the mahogany sound without the heft.
    The RR1T has been tempting me for some time... maybe that's what the "T" really stands for.
    Last edited by TreeFitty; 03-05-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

But it's really light. Like as it it were made of air bubbles... :ROTF:

Comment

Jackson uses special lightweight Alder from the rainforests of Peru.
        Just ask the guys who wanted Lynch Sub Camo's. They can fill you in.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I've had alder and poplar RRs at one point and there was indeed difference between them. The 2 poplar RRs weighed the same and more than the 2 alder ones.

Comment

My WR1 feels slightly lighter than my WRMG.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My RR1T is definitely lighter than my PCS, which is quite hefty feeling.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I have a RR1T thats about 2 years old, and I was very surprised by how light it was when I picked it up.

Comment

This one is from 2006, I was totally surprised when I picked this one up. Way Way lighter than my former Rhoads.

Some picks. I'm thinking of filling in the bevels with black or blue in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                    This one is from 2006, I was totally surprised when I picked this one up. Way Way lighter than my former Rhoads.

Some picks. I'm thinking of filling in the bevels with black or blue in a few months.
                    Noooo! Pinstripes are cool, leave them be!

Or you could always sell that baby to me cheap.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                      Noooo! Pinstripes are cool, leave them be!

Or you could always sell that baby to me cheap.
                      :ROTF:

Honestly..this is the nicest guitar that I have ever played. I just got really lucky. This thing has absolutely no personality at all, the neck is simply perfect,,,there is no other way to describe it, it's thin, and the jumbo frets are truly awesome.

No way I'll ever sell this unless I need to because of some financial crisis.

Comment

Careful, Fett's making is way around the pond in his Viking boat. And he's got chav gear on! Seriously, don't mod that paintwork.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

yea dont mod the paint ,, it looks good as is...

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            Careful, Fett's making is way around the pond in his Viking boat. And he's got chav gear on! Seriously, don't mod that paintwork.

LOL,,, Ok, OK, No Blood for Oden, Fett can put away the Dane Axe.

I'll leave it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                              Jackson uses special lightweight Alder from the rainforests of Peru.
                              Just ask the guys who wanted Lynch Sub Camo's. They can fill you in.

sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X