No announcement yet.

Weight of new JAcksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell ya what you CAN mod - sort out that electrical outlet!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      I tell ya what you CAN mod - sort out that electrical outlet!

ahhhem it's "character" a suite

Comment

I had a 90 RR that was maple neck maple wings heavy as hell over 10 lbs.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          I had a 90 RR that was maple neck maple wings heavy as hell over 10 lbs.

This thing is as light as a feather...it's really deceiving when you look at it.

Comment

cool guitar!! looks like you live in a place like mine!! i have an all original 4 square from the 1920's. it has the old hardwoods, funky looking wall plugs, GREAT ancient wooden mouldings and trim....

oh yeah, nice guitar!! my newer jacksons aren't THAT light. i have a maple bodied custom shop dinky, 2 PC-1s, an SL-1, a 22 fret dinky, an SL2H...they all are a little on the heavy side. not like a les paul, but more than my fenders and other brand guitars....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Maybe it's mahogany?

Does anyone know what these stickers represent? The serial number is U17513, it looks legit..

I'm beginning to get paranoid about the wright of this thing. Is it mahogany?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                Jackson uses special lightweight Alder from the rainforests of Peru.
                Just ask the guys who wanted Lynch Sub Camo's. They can fill you in.

So THAT'S where our lightweight premium wood went eh!!
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                  So THAT'S where our lightweight premium wood went eh!!

Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
                    What surprised me was the weight, or relative lack thereof, of the all-mahogany Bond RR and Dominion(edit: realized later this was in the USA section...duh). It's nice to have the mahogany sound without the heft.
                    The RR1T has been tempting me for some time... maybe that's what the "T" really stands for.
                    The Dominion is actually a chambered body, so that's why it's so light.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      The Dominion is actually a chambered body, so that's why it's so light.

Does my guitar have a chambered body?

Comment

The 828 means RR1T pinstripes.

But what is the red writing?

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                          I have been playing an RR1T, and I must say that it is very light in comparison to other Jacksons that I have owned. I think that difference is that All of my other Jacksons have been Poplar, and this one is alder..

Killer Guitar though...it practically plays itself...
                          My Jackson Stars I ordered was alder as well and the thing is surprisingly lite. My RR3R which is poplar weighs a lot more. my mahogany and poplar stuff in fact all weighs consideribly more then my alder guitars.
                          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Anyone know what the red writing is?

Comment

My black '04 RR1T is also really light. I'm not complaining
                              Last edited by TheAmazingBlob; 03-10-2008, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X