Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 w/ X2N

Hey,
    I dropped an X2N into my RR1..just wanted to say WOW!! I think the tone is much fuller and heavier. I love it. I put X2N's in everything and have yet to be disappointed. Plus, it looks kick ass!! Major props to Scott, (Stuka) for the X2N.

That looks awesome,,I should put one in mine...

Comment

Dude, that w/b pickup looks sharp in that RR ! I found the X2N a little harsh, but the difference in guitars may have something to do with that.
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Wow that does look cool ... i have never tried an X2N but i think it wold be alittle harsh for me .. i play metal but i like a cleaner sound .. maybe i will try one some day . anyways guitar looks awesome

Comment

Thanks guys. It's really not that harsh. Does cleans just fine. I guess it depends on the guitar.

Comment

Does look cool.
            Why do people put their guitars, V's even! on concrete and stone tile and shit, can someone please tell me, i just don't get it. I seem to see it a lot, it makes me cringe every time

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
              Thanks guys. It's really not that harsh. Does cleans just fine. I guess it depends on the guitar.
              I have an X2N that I've tried in a few different guitars. The funny thing is, is that it sounded very different in each guitar I had it in. In my Model 2 it sounded OK, not much different than a Super Distortion. I've put it in my Les Paul, my Model 375 and even a Jackson Dinky, and I was ok with it but not totally happy. But I recently tried it in my SG and now I can say WOW, it opened up the sound on that guitar tremendously. I really love it in there. It has a type of "growl" now that I wanted to get but couldn't with the other pickups I tried. Cleans are very nice too. With my SG now, I can get that Sabbath type sound I was looking for. I love it.

The only guitar I didn't try it in was my RR3, only because I have a set of EMG's (81 & 85) in there that I will not touch, it's that good. Maybe I should get another RR and put in another X2N, Hmmmmmm.........
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Glad you could put it to good use. It looks awesome. Did you put the cream one in a guitar yet?
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It looks killer,what does it sound like in a comparison to an emg 81.
                  http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
                  Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                    Glad you could put it to good use. It looks awesome. Did you put the cream one in a guitar yet?

Sure did Scott, it's in that Epiphone I have. I posted pics of it under "Guitars by other manufacturers"

Comment

That's cool Jeri. It looks good. Everyone has to find a pickup that works for them. Mine happens to be the Duncan Custom. I don't think I've ever even tried an X2N. I'm more of an SD guy. I had a Dimebucker in my RR, and that sounded GODLY!!
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

What did you pull out? A JB? If so, I could see it being a big change.

At first I didn't like the JB in my SL2H, but now I really dig it.

Never tried the X2N yet. I have a RR1 from 1995 with OEM Bill Lawrence USA pickups in it, and it sound great.

Comment

X2N's are in all my guitars
                          http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                            Does look cool.
                            Why do people put their guitars, V's even! on concrete and stone tile and shit, can someone please tell me, i just don't get it. I seem to see it a lot, it makes me cringe every time
                            I agree it makes me cringe as well!

Anyway back tot the topic. The X2N looks great on the RR1

P.S. Get some of the rubber "handle bar" thingy's to put on the tips I got some off a guy on eBay. They work great.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                              Does look cool.
                              looks nice?
                              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
                              X