RR1 w/ X2N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
    I have an X2N that I've tried in a few different guitars. The funny thing is, is that it sounded very different in each guitar I had it in.
    There are many different variables that that contributes to a guitars sound. Body and neck wood, fretboard, pickup mounting, bridge and so on.

I really liked the X2N in my SG I. Sounded like it had EMG's on steroids!
    I usually go for EMG's in my main axe's and DiMarzio Super Distortion in my mahogany/setneck guitars.

I'm curious how the bottom end sounds in that RR...
    I've always thought that the X2N would loose all bottom installed in a non-mahogany guitar.
    Sound clip?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
      I agree it makes me cringe as well!

Anyway back tot the topic. The X2N looks great on the RR1

P.S. Get some of the rubber "handle bar" thingy's to put on the tips I got some off a guy on eBay. They work great.
      LOL, I just chipped one of the points on my winter camo KV1. It wasn't on the floor, it was hanging from a wall hanger, and I picked up a guitar case that was underneath it, and banged it with the metal trim. DOH!!

Ah well, it's just a tiny, miniscule chip, probably the first of many.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        LOL, I just chipped one of the points on my winter camo KV1. It wasn't on the floor, it was hanging from a wall hanger, and I picked up a guitar case that was underneath it, and banged it with the metal trim. DOH!!

Ah well, it's just a tiny, miniscule chip, probably the first of many.
        Yikes, that's the one you just had painted, wasn't it? It's not easy keeping those perfect. Well, except keeping them in there respective cases
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I've been meaning to check out the X2N. Thanks for the info Jeri!

(and your floor looks like it's been peed on )
          Scott

Comment

X2N sounds great in a mahogany body, but alder? I'd be surprised. I think an EMG85 would be a better choice. Then again, it's a matter of taste!
            www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
            www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
            www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Working...
            X