Y2KV body tracing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV body tracing?

Anyone out there have a Y2KV they wouldn't mind using to do a body trace for me? I wanna build one, and since I can't get one from Jackson any longer, I am left to my own devices

Thanks in advance!
    - Adam

Check out the US Masters (or the import line, Masters Design) VXtreme. Pretty close to the Y2KV look.

And if you've got a King V for comparison, here's a jpg overlay of the two:

please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Yep I've got a couple King Vs, so this helps alot. Would be cool to have a tracing but this will probably work as well

Yeah I've seen those guitars you mention on eBay (I think there are a couple on there now actually), but have never played one. I wish I could get my hands on one to see if I really like it or not. Would be cool. I hate buying guitar sight unseen. They are pretty badass looking though aren't they?
      - Adam

Comment

I got the import one with the Floyd. There are a few little nitpicks I have about it, but it's pretty cool. Biggest thing is the placement of the ouptut jack like on a Dean or a Gibson V58. Which I, uh... fixed. Got it from Metal Shop Music in Florida. 727-326-3775. I don't know what kind of return policy they might have. The flametop ones with the abalone block inlays are supposed to be out in a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
          I got the import one with the Floyd. There are a few little nitpicks I have about it, but it's pretty cool. Biggest thing is the placement of the ouptut jack like on a Dean or a Gibson V58. Which I, uh... fixed. Got it from Metal Shop Music in Florida. 727-326-3775. I don't know what kind of return policy they might have. The flametop ones with the abalone block inlays are supposed to be out in a couple months.
          Yeah I agree the jack location on the imports is really in a bad place. What is the neck profile like on them if you dont mind me asking more questions As long as the build quality is there, I can fix anything else I might not like (electronics, hardware), but the neck profile is critical. Would it be considered a shredder neck or something along the lines of a vintage gibby? There's nothing like a King V speed neck though, I gotta say

Thanks for all the info dude! Very much appreciated!
          - Adam

Comment

It's an almost perfectly round profile, .80" at the first fret and .93" at the 12th. Whereas the KV speed neck is more of a shallow D-profile, .77" at the first fret and .83" at the 12th. So a little fatter. Like the shape of an Explorer '76 reissue neck, but not quite that fat.

Also, the balance is different. On the VXtreme, one of the design principles was to put all the frets clear of the body. Which is why the wings are longer and the headstock is so much smaller than a standard Flying V, so it won't tip. The KV's forward strap button is behind the 18th fret, but on the 24-fret VXtreme it's behind the 22nd.

Comment

Working...
            X