2008 RR1T arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 RR1T arrives!

Finally I went and got a new USA Jackson...I finally decided on the RR1T in Snow White w/Black pins.
    Ordered in mid-December through Matt's Music, estimated arrival in mid-April so I was very happy when I got the shipping notification from UPS just a week ago!
    Anyway the mailman showed up at the door today, slight scare at the beginning:

But luckily the case and guitar was unharmed!

Close inspection revealed no major flaws, I had to adjust the rod slightly to give the neck some relief but that's nothing when you think of the climates/distance this guitar has on its back from the last week's travel! I have the UPS itinerary to prove it

The only downside I have found is a slightly rough nut install, you can see some scuff marks on the first fret here, but it's not visible other than when you look very closely so I'm not gonna lose any sleep over that. Actually I think I can fix the visual impact with some lemon oil.

Back shot!

Happy couple

The hang-tag says final inspection by KG on the 8th of February. So I guess the guitar was pretty quickly built even when they had NAMM going on so that's great.

The guitar plays very nice, it's remarkably easy to play even for me being used to the soloist and my other superstrat style guitars. Both the body feels good and also the bridge feels very similar on my right-hand to the recessed floyd, the string-thru bridge is mounted very low, much better (IMHO) than the RR5 I tried prior to this purchase.
    The sound is very good unplugged, and the JB was also a very pleasant surprise, because I ditched it in the SL2H but for now I think I'm gonna keep it in the RR1T, sounds very different and more powerful here. I must add that it is mounted much closer to the strings in the RR1T so no doubt that makes a lot of difference to the sound.

All in all I feel the craftmanship, fretwork etc. is just as good on this 2008 RR1T as on my 2004 SL2H, so screw the FMIC haters

Now I gotta go back to playing it

- Rune.

It's just beautiful. Congratulations!
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Congrats! That's a classic look. I usually don't like pinstripes but black on the snow white RR is awesome.

Comment

Awesome! I never get tired of photos of string-thru Rhoads models.

Congrats on a great score!
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Cool! Congrats!

Btw, can you take a close-up photo of the pinstripes at the "crotch"? I'd like to see if they are the same as on my new Jackson Stars RR CS.

Comment

Your RR1 is very nice, but me being a dinky lover, your red soloist is awesome! I love the color.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Very nice RR.. seems that white is the colour of choice with those guitars

Comment

Looks just like mine..cool.

Comment

Congrats! You can't go wrong with a Jackson V in black or white.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Simply beautiful!!
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

nice pic~ i got the solid black bevels version~

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post

But luckily the case and guitar was unharmed!
                        Hmm... that looks like Mr.Posty got sticky fingers, then his boss returned from lunch and he stopped tearing it open
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                          Looks just like mine..cool.
                          +1 Nice Grab. They must have been gentle with that box, as most of mine (cases) are damaged in shipping!
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Real classy looking RR. Congrats.
                            Now get off this inter-web contraption and go play!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Congrats! You can't go wrong with a Jackson V in black or white.
                              +1 RR1T and string thru RR Customs are my favorites.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X