need help finding info on my guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding info on my guitar

can anyone help me with identification of this guitar? i bought it about ten years ago at a pawn shop for $275.00. i was looking to buy a guitar and this one just blew me away when i saw and and played it. it has pretty much been in my closet until recently, when i read that older jacksons were becoming valuable. i have been on the internet for about a week and have only found out that it is a 1986, made in san dimas,ca. are these san dimas jacksons very rare? i took the neck off and the date says 2-17-86. the serial # is 1186. what style of jackson is this? does anyone know the value of these guitars?

Comment

Comment

Comment

If that's legit (i.e. as it left the factory, not a parts mutt, or 'fake' parts i.e. aftermarket neck with Jackson logo) that will bring a pretty damn good price on ebay.....hell, I'd buy it, or at least try to!!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

thanks for the info. its definetly an all original guitar. you can just tell its never been messed with. the fact that i got it out of a pawn shop so long ago also kinda tells me that someone wasnt tryin to make money on it. i wasnt wanting to sell it,i just wanted to see if anyone new an approx. value. i have looked and looked on ebay and havent seen any like it to compare it to.

Comment

well, I have this one, not 100% similar tho

btw, did you look on the neck heel and pocket for info?

Comment

i took the neck off and got the date. it says 2-17-86. what other info am i looking for? i havent looked in the pocket, are you talking about the panel under the pickup? i was in there once, but i wasnt looking for that kind of stuff. i will check in there again and see if i can find anything, if thats the pocket you are talking about. what type of info am i looking for?

Comment

It's piece of crap. I'd better take it off yer hands...
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

cool looking guitar.
                    I dig the strat head Jackson look

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijamz View Post
                      i took the neck off and got the date. it says 2-17-86. what other info am i looking for? i havent looked in the pocket, are you talking about the panel under the pickup? i was in there once, but i wasnt looking for that kind of stuff. i will check in there again and see if i can find anything, if thats the pocket you are talking about. what type of info am i looking for?
                      you're looking for an identical WO number on both body and neck..

in terms of value, MY estimate then 1750 - 2000 usd if all original

Comment

the neck has 6677 written on it, and the body has 6677 written on it in the pocket where the neck bolts on. do you know of anyone i could contact that would be able to look up those numbers or is there any type log book that i could look up the serial numbers in. im just trying to document as much about this guitar as i can. btw- that picture you posted of your guitar is rad! what year/ where did you find that one. our paint schemes are a little different, but i love the way yours looks too! would you ever sell it?quote=pebber;1073403]you're looking for an identical WO number on both body and neck..

in terms of value, MY estimate then 1750 - 2000 usd if all original[/quote]
                        Last edited by jimmijamz; 03-19-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Is there a Jackson logo wood-burned into the heel of the neck?

Comment

wholly fuck that is awesome!

I've always said I'd never spend more than $500 on a bolt-on, but damn, I'd make an exception for that!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijamz View Post
                              the neck has 6677 written on it, and the body has 6677 written on it in the pocket where the neck bolts on. do you know of anyone i could contact that would be able to look up those numbers or is there any type log book that i could look up the serial numbers in. im just trying to document as much about this guitar as i can. btw- that picture you posted of your guitar is rad! what year/ where did you find that one. our paint schemes are a little different, but i love the way yours looks too! would you ever sell it?
                              pretty cool then..

I saw a partial logbook of bolt-ons at RW's place in Switzerland, but it's not available for inquiries.

I got mine from another Jackson collector, hangtags etc included ..

and everything is for sale at the right price, yours also I'm sure

Comment

Working...
                              X