No announcement yet.

2855 Ivory Jackson Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it! Nice and simple and a classic.

Comment

Was waiting for you to post on this, i was watching it.
      I laughed when i saw your name as the winning bidder, cause somehow i knew you were going to be the one to buy it, lol.
      So that's not a jackson body? The strings looks misaligned on the neck, is that from the mod you stated?
      Anyway it's awesome.
      Still like the round horns better than KV.

Comment

I so want a white V. that thing is sweet
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Nice pick up there. If you are going back to a JT6 are you going to reverse the Floyd locknut? If it's done well, I would leave it and put in an OFR and have a great player.

Comment

Thanks all!

The mod is bad for two reason:
            - the bridge is tilted so the string alignment is too much to the bass side
            - the locking nut has been added by using a stack of shims that look like crap

Both issues should be reversable. The body is original with proper markings. It's 1:1 with my other Jacksons and the layout of controls and cavities is the same as on the 1988 Robbin Crosby Dragon V.
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Kahler Steelers are great bridges.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Honestly, i didn't know Kahlers still exsisted til like last year.
                I thought they dissapeared back in 1985, like they should have, lol.
                My highschool buddy put one on his gibson v back then, and we both thought it was a piece of crap, so he replaced it with a wonderbar, which i still thought sucked, but he liked it.

Comment

Nice one Jani!

PM sent to you about a JT-6.

-Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                    Honestly, i didn't know Kahlers still exsisted til like last year.
                    I thought they dissapeared back in 1985, like they should have, lol.
                    My highschool buddy put one on his gibson v back then, and we both thought it was a piece of crap, so he replaced it with a wonderbar, which i still thought sucked, but he liked it.
                    Kahler Steelers are a Floyd copy, and at least as good as an OFR.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I decided to spend some time solving this mystery. First of all I took the pushings and studs off the guitar. They are definately JT590 studs and original to the guitar.

Then I kept looking at the trem cavity and noticed that there are dark lines showing through the paint in certain light. I decided to slowly sand the finish off and soon I realized that the familiar Jackson WO stamp was there. As you can see we are looking at Jackson Work Order number 5610. Only other mark is that NO box has been checked on the graphic option.

5610 would date the guitar somewhere in the later half of 1988 I believe?

I put a JT590 on the guitar that I've been using for parts. I need to get a better one but it works and actually improved the string alingment a lot. I think with the right nut the problem will be solved completely.

Comment

Steelers are great trems, parts are just a problem, though I'm not sure if they are making them again so that might not be an issue today.

Interesting find with the trem posts. Normally you would find a proper Floyd nut with a JT590 equipped guitar, so I'm wondering what's going on up at the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                          Interesting find with the trem posts. Normally you would find a proper Floyd nut with a JT590 equipped guitar, so I'm wondering what's going on up at the nut.
                          Judging by the WO that's really early for JT590 so it's most likely a transition era guitar. IIRC there are some like that in one of the catalogs made for the Japanese market. I've also seen late 88 Jacksons have Kahler locking nuts from factory. And JT-6 with Schaller lock nut. They even used Charvel printed Schaller bridges on some custom Jacksons.

Comment

Oh yeah, a lot of strange stuff went on. My friend has a Model 6 from 89 with OFR style Kahler nut. So you'll be putting a regular nut and Kahler clamps on?

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                              Oh yeah, a lot of strange stuff went on. My friend has a Model 6 from 89 with OFR style Kahler nut. So you'll be putting a regular nut and Kahler clamps on?
                              That's the plan at the moment. I thought I've seen those things all over the Ebay but now that I need one - nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X