Restoration Complete = J1637

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration Complete = J1637

Well, it was a long time ago since I started this one and I'm pretty sure once most of you see the "before" pics, you'll think I'm crazy for even bothering with it at all as this thing was butchered. Hell, most of you already know I'm a sucker for basket cases and this was no exception so here we go:

Needless to say this thing had to be gutted, stripped, edges rebuilt, frets pulled, rebound, fretboard levelled and rebound, frets ground, polished, yada yada yada..... Thanks once again to Mark for the great paint work and to Janne M. for the original logo. It's a beautiful GM white with aluminum flakes mixed in and while it's very hard to capture in pics, it's gorgeous. For the pickups, I replaced the J50 B and the singles that were in it as I really wanted to make the sound to suite more of my taste. I went with a Duncan Distortion and 2 SL1's with the middle being reverse wound. I removed the duncan logos just to be a little closer to being period correct as were the tuners were changed to the "right" type as well.

I believe my camera is dying as my pics just don't look as clear as they used to but nice weather is coming and some outdoor shots should help with that -

Before:

A shot of her stripped:

Finished:

My feeble attempt at catching the paint:

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Wow - that's helluva transformation Dave. Nice job indeed! Did you do it all yourself?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice, how the hell did it wear in those places originally, someone attack it with sandpaper? I quite liked it in its distressed state as well.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Awesome job!
        http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
        Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

looks great. did you do it all yourself?
          sigpic

Comment

Looks killer. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks fellas, yes, I did everything except the paint as mentioned above. I just don't have the "want" to setup and spray myself just yet.
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

So call me stupid, edumecate me...
                It started out as a Charvel and ended up as a Jackson,right?

Awesome work.

Comment

Great Job . That's gotta make you love it even more.

WOW!!!

Marc

Comment

Great job on a killer guitar. It almost looked as if the body had binding.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

man that is hot

Comment

Outstanding job, Dave. It looks very nice now.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          So call me stupid, edumecate me...
                          It started out as a Charvel and ended up as a Jackson,right?
                          My guess is that it was a Jackson all along. I never saw a USA Charvel neck thru.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Great job Dave - congrats! I love to see guitars rescued like this.
                            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

awesome job, what a project.
                              who exactly did the paint ? i'm looking around for someone to paint a body or two for me, would like to know who has had good experiences with who.

Comment

Working...
                              X