No announcement yet.

Time for "good idea" "bad idea"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axewielder's KV didn't have a recessed Floyd like a KV2. The Kahler is not low-profile like a recessed Floyd. If you dropped the saddles that far down, you'd have trouble with the strings jumping off the rollers if you hit them too hard.

Just find a piece of wood the right size and shove it behind the trem block. Then loosen the springs and the string tension will hold it in place.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
      Axewielder's KV didn't have a recessed Floyd like a KV2. The Kahler is not low-profile like a recessed Floyd. If you dropped the saddles that far down, you'd have trouble with the strings jumping off the rollers if you hit them too hard.

Just find a piece of wood the right size and shove it behind the trem block. Then loosen the springs and the string tension will hold it in place.

That's starting to sound like a better idea, and much more cost effective. Some really dense wood, or maybe even metal.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
        Block the Floyd it'll stabilize your bridge and is reversible.
        A-fucking-men. always do the most reversible mod that still accomplishes your goal of a fixed bridge.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Actually, I'm sorry, disregard my statement, since you've got a KV2 which has a recessed trem. I guess you can still use them if you're not happy with the curvature of the your saddles.

They sell metal shims that you can put under the saddles to raise them up. I had a bunch of these shims around and used them on my Charvel Star (non-recessed Floyd) since I prefer to dive-bomb only. I lowered the bridge to rest on the body, but the strings were then too low and fretting out on the board, so the shims put them up higher so I wouldn't have a problem.

You could just always block the trem with a piece of wood for dive-bomb only, or put two pieces of wood (one on each side of the Floyd block) so your bridge won't move at all.

ohh,,,I see actually what you mean now..

Comment

Block that fucker.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              Block that fucker.

understood...

Comment

I had a Tremol-no on one of my floating trem guitars, it worked pretty well but the best solution has been the one I've been using recently....just block it with a piece of wood!

Comment

Tally so far

10 for Block the trem

0 for install Kahler 7310

Comment

Working...
                  X