Trans RR1 group shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans RR1 group shot

OK, two is a group I guess. I wish I had more to contribute here other than some show and tell but it's all in the spirit of keeping it alive. The blue one was the first and I just picked up the green one from the Bay of E, I'm sure some of you saw it. Surprisingly there were two up at the same time but the seller of mine was local so I worked out a satisfactory deal and picked it up Saturday. That works out well for me because I got to inspect it and avoid the risk of shipping not to mention shipping costs.

Gorgeous guitar, the flame isn't as tight as the one still listed for sale, a little more quilty but still beautiful. The owner had installed an onboard preamp which just sends the thing in to total tonal meltdown, I wasn't so sure when hearing about the mod because I've never messed around with preamps but I must admit that it is pretty cool.

I think these flame tops with transparent colors are beautiful. Jackson does a nice job with the AAA wood choices and the matching headstocks along with chrome hardware really makes them look super sharp to my eyes. And looks aside, they just play like monsters of course. I am so hooked that I just ordered a Trans Red from Matt's Music!

Last edited by Tonelover; 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM.

Nice! You got that Trans Green from Scott, right? I almost bought a Black Ghost Flames SL2H from him awhile back. Nice pair indeed!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Yea you're right the trans are really beautiful pieces . the green is really nice but that reverse trans blue flame is amazing !!! congrats on 2 beauties

Comment

Love the green one. I'm in love with the green and black trans colors. Nice buy, man!

Comment

I did get it from Scott, he's about an hour away from me. Nice guy and the condition of the guitar is superb. He drives a hard bargain though, my impatience probably cost me a hundred or two but you know how it goes.

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
          Nice! You got that Trans Green from Scott, right? I almost bought a Black Ghost Flames SL2H from him awhile back. Nice pair indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonelover View Post
            I did get it from Scott, he's about an hour away from me. Nice guy and the condition of the guitar is superb. He drives a hard bargain though, my impatience probably cost me a hundred or two but you know how it goes.
            He does drive a hard bargain. But looking at that Trans Greenie and I'd say that it was worth every penny!
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

that blue with the flames looks beautiful
              sigpic

Comment

Nice!
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

What is interesting to me is that despite most people's positive opinions on the trans colors, the greens and reds in particular are just not around. I've been watching Jacksons constantly for the past four months, the two greens at the same time were the first I've seen and I have not seen a red anywhere. Unless you find a used one you have to special order them.

FWIW, I shopped pretty extensively and Matt's Music had the best price so I'd recommend contacting him for your future Jackson needs.

Comment

A very beautiful pair!

Me, I am partial to the trans green... probably my fave colour of all, and yours is just so pretty!
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

That green one is delicious!
                      Not so hot on the blue one though, the flames kinda spoil it for me.

BUT....so long as you are happy! Well done!
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Love the trans green.
                        Good deals with:
                        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Stunning, congratulations, and I shall look forward to seeing the red one in that collection, what I like on these trans colours is the matching headstock face plate, that makes them look so much more classy IMHO, I never really understood why the standard painted guitars and the select graphics don't have the matching face plate.

Comment

god DAMNMIT! Those are sweet! I love the green trans finish! Absolutely beautiful

Someday when I'm up to waiting for a CS, I'll mix those two to get a trans green RR1 / reverse headstock / gold hardware....Dude, you're giving me serious GAS!
                            The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Working...
                            X