Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups similar to full shred?

Hey all,

I've got a FS bridge pickup in my Jackson soloist - really like it, but sometimes the midrange tone is not what I'm looking for...any other pups that are tight and clear like the FS?

thanks

It would help if you clarified what you ARE looking for with your midrange. Seeing as a FS has a prominent midrange, I'm guessing you want something with more subdued mids. In that case, I would recommend a Duncan Custom 5. Slightly lower output than the FS (still way hotter than vintage style humbuckers) with a softer midrange character (but still enough mids to sit well in a mix).

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      It would help if you clarified what you ARE looking for with your midrange. Seeing as a FS has a prominent midrange, I'm guessing you want something with more subdued mids. In that case, I would recommend a Duncan Custom 5. Slightly lower output than the FS (still way hotter than vintage style humbuckers) with a softer midrange character (but still enough mids to sit well in a mix).
      Yes, something with less mids but the same clarity and cut as the FS. Not really looking for a PAF style pickup....something that will do screaming leads well....

Comment

try the SD partial shred. it is pretty awesome. custom shop only, though....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF audio View Post
          Hey all,

I've got a FS bridge pickup in my Jackson soloist - really like it, but sometimes the midrange tone is not what I'm looking for...any other pups that are tight and clear like the FS?

thanks
          willing to go dimarzio?
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            try the SD partial shred. it is pretty awesome. custom shop only, though....
            :ROTF:
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
              willing to go dimarzio?
              sure, whatcha recommend?

Comment

I like my PAF Pro. Might be slightly less output than the full shred though

Comment

PAF Pro is all mids...good pickup but not what this guy is looking for. Try the Duncan Custom 5 like I mentioned above...it fits what you are looking for perfectly.

Comment

Two words.... Screamin' Demon

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                      Two words.... Screamin' Demon
                      I don't know about that. My USA DR2 came with a Screamin' Demon stock, and I absolutely could not make that pickup sound good. I replaced it with a Full Shred and was blown away. Very little similarity between the two in my opinion.

How about a DiMarzio Steve's Special? I don't currently have a guitar with one in it, but when I did, that was "tied" with the Full Shred as my favorite.
                      sigpic

Comment

Steve's Special is awesome. It's like a JB turned up to about 13.

I still have yet to try the DiMarzio D-Activators, but that might be something. Same with the D-Sonic.

Lace's Drop & Gain set is amazingly tight. As is the APC Persuader Lead. *unforgivingly* tight, maybe!
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                        X