Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member...Jackson SLAT-QH Pics for you lot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member...Jackson SLAT-QH Pics for you lot...

Hey guys, new member here. Actually, i believe i have had my account for ages, but never used it.

I am on many other forums, like HCAF, Seven-string, ESP USA, Ernie Ball and Bmusic.com.au forums, so i might know some of you already.

Regardless, here is my Jackson SLAT-QH '05

Very nice - trans black is a great choice for quilts! Nice and subtle but still shows the figuring well....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yea.

I actually grabbed that guitar in Vancouver.

Now, its in London, UK with me

Comment

Welcome, nice guitar
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Stunning! I just wish they came with 24 frets. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the board, sweet guitar.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

thanks guys. I have been told several different stories about my particular guitar. I would like some clarification, even though i have been told be some very reputable people, I just want to check.

Basically, i was told that in '04 when the SLAT-QH was stopped, and removed from the USA Select Series it then became small batch order made in the custom shop under the same paramaters as custom ordered guitars. I have noticed that on all SLAT-QH models sold after 2004 that they are listed as bieng "Custom Shop" but, if thats the case then who no custom shop logo. I am aware that some companys choose not to place cs logos on all their cs guitars, but comon...SLAT-QH...it just needs it.

secondly, bit of a stupid question. But does Matt of Matt's Music post on here? I just wanted to talk to him a bit more about something, and rather than calling him, i thought working it out here would be easier.

Comment

Very cool! Welcome to the forum. They were a production run USA Select model (all USA models are made in the custom shop by the same people anyway), but only about 60 pieces of the SLATQH models were made per year.
                The only way you can get them now is by full Custom Shop order, and you can specify whether you want the "Custom Shop" logo to be on the front or the back of the headstock or not at all.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ESPManiAc View Post
                  secondly, bit of a stupid question. But does Matt of Matt's Music post on here? I just wanted to talk to him a bit more about something, and rather than calling him, i thought working it out here would be easier.
                  Yes, he's a board sponsor here. Look at the top of the forum for his banner. You can also PM him; his screen name is Mattsmusiccenter.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

how did you get approved by the admins with -that- username? j/k...welcome to the board! and I gotta say, that's a very nice SLATQH haven't seen them in black very often!

- Rune

Comment

Internet talk never = a phone call. Stop being so lazy and call the dude.

Comment

yea, I was somewhat suprised that this nick was allowed. Or even that i chose it, i had forgotten about it and was just trying a bunchov different usernames and passwords until i found the one i made for the JCAF.

But, i am more of a Jackson fanatic, ESP necks are quite bollox. Had 2 ESP Customs, sold 1, kept the other...still like my Jackson more.

In regards to Matt, i would call him...but ya see i live in London, England and would like to have a detailed conversation with him about custom orders of both Suhr and Jackson and see what he can do...so, over the phone might be just a bit expensive.

Comment

I love the SLATQ, it's like a Soloist but with the knobs in a better location!

Comment

Does anyone know what SLAT-QH stands for? I have made my guesses...

Soloist (SL), Arch-top (AT), Quilted (Q), Honduras (H)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. That's a lovely guitar. I saw it when you posted it on SS.org, so I know where you get your handle from. You should post pics of your ESPs in the "guitars by other manufacturers" section. I'm sure people would like to see them.

Basically, i was told that in '04 when the SLAT-QH was stopped, and removed from the USA Select Series it then became small batch order made in the custom shop under the same paramaters as custom ordered guitars. I have noticed that on all SLAT-QH models sold after 2004 that they are listed as bieng "Custom Shop" but, if thats the case then who no custom shop logo. I am aware that some companys choose not to place cs logos on all their cs guitars, but comon...SLAT-QH...it just needs it.
                              As Toejam pointed out, all the USA guitars are made in the same place. What makes a guitar a CS guitar is that it was custom ordered to non-standard specifications. Your SLATQH is not a CS guitar as it was built to the specs of last USA Select version of that guitar (they're below - I got them from a Fender Customer Relations guy in March '06). Even though the SLATQH was officially discontinued in 1/2005, they kept making them until at least '06. Perhaps they were filling out back-orders from shops? All of the newer "SLATQH-like" guitars, such as those at the Guitar Asylum, differ from these specs. and are CS guitars.

Does anyone other than The Music Zoo list SLATQHs as CS guitars? If it's just TMZ you're getting it from, they knew they weren't CS, but chose to list them that way on their website. I asked them about it years ago and one of their sales guys blamed it on their web guy. Not that the error was ever corrected.

Here are the last of the line specs:

Model Name: SLATQH SoloistTM
                              Model Number: 280-3073-(Color#)
                              Series: USA Select Series Limited Edition
                              Body: Mahogany with 3/4" Quilt Maple Top on Transparent Colors
                              Neck: Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Mahogany
                              Fingerboard: Ebony
                              No. of Frets: 22 Jumbo Frets
                              Scale Length: 25.5"
                              Width @ Nut: 1-11/16"
                              Hardware: Gold-Plated
                              Machine Heads: Die-Cast Tuners
                              Bridge: JT390 Adjustable Bridge with Strings-Through-Body
                              Pickguard: None
                              Pickups: Seymour Duncan<AE> JBTM TB14 Humbucking Pickup
                              Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
                              Position 1. Bridge Pickup
                              Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
                              Position 3. Neck Pickup
                              Controls: Master Volume,
                              Master Tone
                              Colors: Transparent Colors Group C:
                              (800) Amber Lager Burst (ALB)
                              (801) Amber Sunburst (ASB)
                              (815) Burnt Cherry Sunburst (BCB)
                              (820) Cherry Sunburst (CSB)
                              (838) Faded Wine Red (FWR)
                              (850) Cabo (CABO)
                              (858) Natural (NAT)
                              (862) Raspberry Burst (RSPB)
                              (882) Tobacco Sunburst (TSB)
                              (885) Transparent Black (TBK)
                              (886) Transparent Blue (TB)
                              (887) Transparent Green (TG)
                              (889) Transparent Cobalt Blue (TCB)
                              (890) Transparent Red (TR)
                              (894) Violin Brown (VB)
                              Strings: NPS, XL, (.009 to .042)
                              Unique Features: Compound (12" to 16") Fingerboard Radius,
                              Mother of Pearl Shark Fin Position Inlays,
                              Bound Fingerboard and Headstock,
                              Inlaid Mother-of-Pearl Jackson Logo,
                              Mother-of-Pearl Tipped Q-Parts Control Knobs,
                              CTS Pots and Switchcraft Switches
                              Source: USA
                              Accessories: Deluxe Molded Case P/N 0060699000, JCC921USA, US MSRP $119.95 (Included)
                              U.S. MSRP: $3,199.99
                              DISCONTINUED: 1/2005
                              DISCONTINUED COLORS: (853) Mahogany (MAH) (11/2003) P/N Switched off as it was redundant with Natural
                              COMMENTS: Switch from Oil Finish Neck, to Painted in 10/2003
                              WRENCH SIZES: Ball End Truss Rod Wrench 3/8".

And here's a picture of mine:

Comment

Working...
                              X