Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Yeah. . . it's got a KAHLER" (pix heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yeah. . . it's got a KAHLER" (pix heavy)

Thought I'd share my newly aquired 1987 ? Jackson bolt-on.Found this online and so I decided to get it.Didn't have to BID either.
    It soo reminded me of my old friend #1010.Except #1010 was Gun Metal,this appears to be "Candy Apple Red" has matching headstock too (Bonus).
    Same H-S-S with single volume and 3 mini-switches and RW as well.This one is Ontario built not San Dimas but has a San Dimas plate which is nice. This bears #2959 and is in excellent shape over all,well taken care of,no rust on any screws.Very small "touch up-able" chip on very end of painted headstock,inside of pointy shows no dings . Very heavy and KAHLER looks to be orignal. The pups are "Duncan" active.It only had (1) 9V=so must be "Live Wires". Inside of control cavity has copper shield and paint is great,just light scratches all over.
    I have yet to disassemble it,clean it etc.but more pix to come of dates,markings,under KAHLER markings,neck,neck pocket etc.
    What color do you guys think it is? CAR? My Charvel is Black Cherry,the Jackson is more Burgundy (when I put a flash light right up to it it popped and looked CAR) very metallic,big chips.

Thought I'd throw my other 92' Jackson (Dinky Rev) in there with the Maple/Floyd.Has a "Tone Zone" in it,Air Norton for the Neck waiting to be installed.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Very nice find. I love the color, very deep.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I love the black cherry charvel!
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

Great collection man!
        http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
        Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

Nice grab. Looks CAR in the pics. Love the matching headstock. Congrats!

Comment

Very cool. Love the color and matching headstock.

Comment

way cooooool!

Comment

Looks great congrates! How does it compare to your Charvel?
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'm a kahler fan myself, so congrats to you! I like that maple neck '92 also.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thanx Pat, and thanks guys.

Comparing to my Charvel: lets see.

Well the weight of my Jackson is much heavier than my Charvel.The neck on the Jackson is slightly fatter too, more meat.Not much but can feel the difference. The headstock seems to be fatter too,the Charvels looks longer thinner,Jackson looks wider for some reason.
                    The tone is different too,both plugged in and unplugged.Jackson has a different tone (Bass),may be the Poplar body,Charvel is Alder and loud.

The well broken in neck feels great, love it.All dark&dirty.

Comment

The two new Charvels I have are the closet match to my old Ontario San Dimas plated Jackson that I own. The feel is completely different than any of my Model Series or import Jacksons. I dont know how different an Ontario is to an original San Dimas but they feel good to me.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Surprised and loving the fact it's an 86,just like my old friend I had. 86-87 were great years for me.
                        Its now completely cleaned,polished,restrung w/#9's,new 9V too.I let the neck sit for good 30 minutes after I oiled the RW. I did a 3 step paint polish/wax on it and the paint really pops and smooth as glass now.(clay bar)
                        Someone really loved tihs Jackson because it was very well taken care of.It has been played,but never abused.I give it a solid 9/10 after the ADR super clean.
                        Can't mistake Poplars green tint.

ps: after F'in around last nite,I remembered I can again do the legendary "RR" on/off with these mini switches. (I hated them on my other Jackson,but don't seem to mind now)

Scotty: The forearm contour/or lack there of is different than my 05 San Dimas .It feels different to me,which may be a result of different arm angle do to the KAHLER's height? The belly contour is different too.
                        I forgot how awesome the palm muting is on the KAHLER's,I miss that.This bridge is a monster,wicked loud unplugged and the thing weighs a ton.

Comment

Very sharp, congrats to you, sir -
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Budman68

Yo Dave thanx. I need a gold bar (missing) and I believe you have them.$18.00 right?
                            Repeat customer wanting to know help please.

ps: Don't you have a CAR Jackson pix on your page somewhere? 2HB Is that yours?
                            Last edited by ADR; 04-04-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X