Soloist and Floyd Rose Pro Low Profile Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist and Floyd Rose Pro Low Profile Swap

I have a pre-Fender Jackson Soloist SL1 and I would like to swap out the Original Floyd Rose with a new Floyd Rose Pro low profile tremolo.

Can this be accomplished as a direct swap?

I am very experienced in guitar setup and fret work...but not an expert in Floyd Rose trems and different routing requirements. Thanks in Advance.

P.S. I tried the search function but had no luck.

...maybe this thread should be moved to the tech area?
    Last edited by The Pup; 04-11-2008, 10:54 PM.

You lock your doors and windows right!?
    http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
    Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

Originally posted by Bodomhc View Post
      You lock your doors and windows right!?
      Lot's of *insurance...alarm system...Internet access 24/7 cameras...and it's only material stuff in the end.

USAA Insurance is quite reasonable for guitars...but they won't insure your guitars if you take them out to the studio or a gig.

Comment

PRE-Fender? PREpare for a lynching. And yes it will work. However it will leave a gap where the lock bolts were that may not look the nicest. Up to you really.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          PRE-Fender? PREpare for a lynching. And yes it will work. However it will leave a gap where the lock bolts were that may not look the nicest. Up to you really.
          Thanks.

Pre-Fender to me relates only to age...I don't have enough experience to know if there are any appreciable differences. This one just played noticeably better than the other new ones I tried over the last few years.

Comment

Here is the Floyd Rose template
            And here is the Floyd Rose Pro template
            You will have a few gaps around the edges, but the post spacing and route will accommodate the swap.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Here is the Floyd Rose template
              And here is the Floyd Rose Pro template
              You will have a few gaps around the edges, but the post spacing and route will accommodate the swap.
              Thank you kindly.

Looks like I'll be showing some space gap to the rear as previously mentioned. Hard to tell what it will look like. I wonder if easier palm muting is going to be worth the cost and aesthetic differences.

Comment

You live in a guitar shop?

Why do you want a low profile trem in place of your OFR?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nice selection of guitars.
                  Sure seems like you've thoughtfully hit all the high spots.
                  Congrats on a job VERY well done.

I think you can prolly find the tone you are looking for on any given day when you walk into that room, no?
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

You think there will be a significant difference in how an OFR palm-mutes, vs. a lopro?

Please explain.

I don't see enough difference in the string-saddle/block area (which is where the muting occurs, right?, just off the saddle?) to be able to understand.

It must be that you find the area beyond the saddle more important (towards the ass end of the guitar).

***confused, sorry***
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Why the heck would you do that? Makes no sense?

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer a lo-pro trem myself, although in some unquantifiable "just because" kind of way.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can totally relate to that kinda thing Ina...
                          Just wanted to make sure it was one of those kinda things is all.
                          I dig it.

--floydkramer

Comment

The saddles are tilted up a little on the Lo-Pro versus flat on the Original; therefore, your palm sits up higher for a different feel when muting the strings, especially the low E.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The saddles are tilted up a little on the Lo-Pro versus flat on the Original; therefore, your palm sits up higher for a different feel when muting the strings, especially the low E.
                              On the ORF I can palm mute effectively except on the B and E strings. My hand seems to impinge on the micro tuner area.

I would hate to spend the money just to find out that the Pro bridge is an even greater compromise (or no gain at all).

Last edited by The Pup; 04-12-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X