Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
    Nice selection of guitars.
    Sure seems like you've thoughtfully hit all the high spots.
    Congrats on a job VERY well done.

I think you can prolly find the tone you are looking for on any given day when you walk into that room, no?
    I still need a baritone guitar for those spaghetti western intros, a Mosrite, P-90 big box and thin body, a P-90 Les Paul with a Bigsby, etc., etc., etc.

Here's the next one I'm targeting (just can't decide):

I've got a cool LP Special CS with Dirty Dog vintage P-90s...it's a favorite:

Last edited by The Pup; 04-12-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Wow... still not done... hehe
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by The Pup View Post
        On the ORF I can palm mute effectively except on the B and E strings. My hand seems to impinge on the micro tuner area.
        Yeah, that's another thing I forgot about, the fine tuners are tilted back and out of the way more on the Pro. For me, I've never put my hand back that far where they would ever get in my way, though, on either. I remember George Lynch used to put electrical tape on the fine tuners of his ORF because he used to knock them out of tune from his hand hitting them all the time.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Pro will not fit right unless you route under the floyd even more. Yes, it's already a recessed OFR on there, but the Pro needs more clearance under the bridge for the ends of the saddles that reach back to the fine tuners which keeps it low-profile.

I once placed a Pro Floyd on a Rhoads body with a bolt-on neck which had a recess for the floyd, but I still had to shim the neck so the floyd would sit up higher to allow for the clearance underneath. I have a recessed Pro that came stock on a Heartfield and that route is very deep, I estimate twice as deep as what's needed for an OFR.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yes you will need to alter the route.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Let me guess....youre from "The Gear Page"

Comment

Very subtle way of showing off your collection btw

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                  Very subtle way of showing off your collection btw

Comment

Working...