My RR1T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
    Nice one Toejam I put EMG's in my RR1T at your recommendation That pickup sounds like a great idea.
    LOL I would have put EMGs in, but I don't have any extra laying around at the moment. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by E.vil N.ever D.ies View Post
      hey bro,check this.nice couple aren't they?

Awesome. They do make a great couple!

Comment

Very cool!
        But Best RR1t,black RR1t!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Thanks. Out of the ten guitars I own now, only two have Floyds. I used to only play Floyds, now I hardly touch them.
          IM kinda with you now too...im going to block my floyds anyway..
          I never pull up...so that should make alternate tuning better blocked

Comment

Joe, looks like the Trembucker matches up nicely on the strings of a non trem guitar. I was under the impression the PaTB would not match that alignment. Or is the RR1T different spacing?
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Nice one, Toe. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                Joe, looks like the Trembucker matches up nicely on the strings of a non trem guitar. I was under the impression the PaTB would not match that alignment. Or is the RR1T different spacing?
                A lot of Gibsons with fixed bridges come with trem spaced pickups as well (490T, 498T, 500T). I think it's just a matter of wide spacing being the "in" thing. More room to move, but then you need longer fingers....

Comment

Thanks. Out of the ten guitars I own now, only two have Floyds. I used to only play Floyds, now I hardly touch them.
                  You need more guitars

Comment

Took the JB out of the bridge and put in a Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion (PATB-2).
                    And I thought you love JB's

Seriously, I know how much you hate them, but after 20 years I just got my first JB loaded guitar (SL2H) in September 2007 and I can't put it down. I play mostly 80's metal, so that might be why I like it. Right now I have a thing for Loudness, and the JB seems to nail Akira's tone perfectly.

Just out of curiousity, is there anyone's tone in particular that you are trying to hit, or is it just a matter of what works best with your rig?

Comment

Just what works best for me. I think the JB actually sounds pretty good in my Brian Moore i9f.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        A lot of Gibsons with fixed bridges come with trem spaced pickups as well (490T, 498T, 500T). I think it's just a matter of wide spacing being the "in" thing. More room to move, but then you need longer fingers....
                        I've heard the Gibson ABR bridges are different and that the Nashville bridge has trem spacing, but I don't know.
                        I do remember Ken (WarriorX7/Vulfganpfuck) used to also use the PATB in his string-thru Jackson Custom Shop Death Warrior and it lined up fine.
                        Strange thing, I put this pickup in my newer Kramer Explorer Imperial that's got a trem (looks like a Schaller with the shorter pins) and the pole pieces did not line up that well.

Comment

Joe, the string spacing on the RR1T is the same as the RR1 as far as I know.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congratulations Joe. I always liked GMG.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              That's what I thought, but I think the JB was still standard spacing and not trembucker spacing. Makes no difference to me either way, though.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                                Huh.. Seriously? 'cause the spacing on my SL2HT (non-floyd) is diffirent than my RR24 (floyd). Or is that thin neck typical for a soloist..?
                                www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                                www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                                www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Working...
                                X