• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson Day!!!

2007 Jackson KV2 in White with Black Bevels

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...pure fuckin sex

It will poke your eye out

This is my ultimate new guitar day. I have always wanted a KV2 and now it is finally mine. Just like every other USA Jackson I have ever played, this one is just as incredible. It may sound dumb, but it actually is kinda emotional. Its like finding that long lost brother/sister and then making a connection. Shit like this reminds me why I play guitar. Now on with the review.

The case, as is with all Jackson V's, is totally massive. When UPS shipped it, it wasn't packaged all that well, but it didnt need to be, not even UPS could break through this case and ruin my guitar. The thing is a tank! The finish is flawless. Not one scratch, ding, glue showing, over lapping paint, etc. Like all USA Jacksons, it plays like a dream. The guitar is very balanced and is not neck heavy at all when standing. It sits just right on the shoulders. The set up w/ the floyd is a little off right now, but thats nothing that cant be fixed. A little out of tune, but hey, thats cool too, nothing that cant be fixed (and is expected w/ almost new guitars from the factory). The neck is just completely unreal. I have owned Ibanezs, ESPs, Gibsons, Fenders, Richs, etc and none of them even come close to a Jackson USA neck. It is a bit thinner than my RR1 neck, but still carries that perfect balance of speed, playability, and something that you can freakin grab and hold onto. The JB pups do what JB pups do best and I couldnt ask for more. This guitar is going to stay stock.

I ordered through AMS and they were GREAT. Fast shipping, no hassles, completely problem free (completely the opposite from the last experience I had ordering online from musiciansfriend: took 2 weeks to get it where I wanted to even with over night shipping). I am just so happy with this guitar. Everybody should own at least 1 USA Jackson.

Anyways...Im gonna go

PS: I think Kreator may be my new favorite band tied with Mave and gang (just thought Id throw that out there:thu

edit: I fucking hate Imageshack......

ive always loved white with black bevels...especially on that guitar

Comment

Wow so thats what sex looks like? Nice fiddle dude. I love white with black bevels.
      Congrats
      Gil

Comment

Congrats! Nice grab! AMS has excellent packing practices IMO. The best in the business. Nice credit program as well. Just play your butt off

One question, did they double box the case? If not Jackson finally improved the cases. Every one I have recieved from other stores via UPS or Fedex has been damaged or damaged to beyond acceptable. My last JEM from AMS was double boxed and so where previous orders.
        Last edited by Bengal65; 04-17-2008, 09:24 PM.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Very cool. Congrats. I wish bith my KV2's had black bevels.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
            Congrats! Nice grab! AMS has excellent packing practices IMO. The best in the business. Nice credit program as well. Just play your butt off

One question, did they double box the case? If not Jackson finally improved the cases. Every one I have recieved from other stores via UPS or Fedex has been damaged or damaged to beyond acceptable. My last JEM from AMS was double boxed and so where previous orders.
            They only used one box and 2 pieces of Styrofoam. The Jackson case is just THAT good. Thing is literally a tank. Its the same case my RR1 has and they just rock. Nothing is busting through those things short of a light saber

Comment

Sweet! Congrats. Black/white Jackson Vs rock!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy War View Post
                They only used one box and 2 pieces of Styrofoam. The Jackson case is just THAT good. Thing is literally a tank. Its the same case my RR1 has and they just rock. Nothing is busting through those things short of a light saber
                You're lucky or I'm unlucky I guess? I had 3 new Jackson V, RR cases busted last year. They were shipped in the factory boxes. One case was empty and the hinges were all bent, the others were destroyed (ABS crushed and the aluminum extrusions and hinges/latches) and fortunately the RR1's were OK. All 3 cases were trash.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Love it!!!! One of my favorite looks on a KV!!
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

thats awesome. could do with black binding tho i think with that particular finish - the cream doesn't suit it

Comment

Oh fuck....... That's hot shit right there!!!!!

Congrats!!

A~
                      All hail the 'King'
                      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Very cool and yet, definitely hot!
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yes indeed very nice. Now I need to move some shit to get me some sex!

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                            thats awesome. could do with black binding tho i think with that particular finish - the cream doesn't suit it
                            That's not cream binding. It's ivoroid (off-white), which is still whiter than cream and not as bright as regular white.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                              Black binding would only look good if the fretboard were maple. An ebony or rosewood board needs ivoroid binding. Of course, that is just my opinion.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X