No announcement yet.

KV1 Opinions requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to thank everyone for your comments. They have been much appreciated.

Someone close to me has actually decided to snag it (the KV1 that is).

It's totally awesome to be able to feed off of the knowledge bas of this forum.

Seriously I cant believe how much have learned here, and how well this place is moderated.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
      I wanted to thank everyone for your comments. They have been much appreciated.

Someone close to me has actually decided to snag it (the KV1 that is).

It's totally awesome to be able to feed off of the knowledge bas of this forum.

Seriously I cant believe how much have learned here, and how well this place is moderated.

Hey man, that's why most of us are here.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It's easy to do a decent paint touch up on black anyway.

I would change the Kahler and the screws though.

Comment

LSR tuners are quite the trademark of "Original" KV1. I would not purchase a KV1 without LSR.

Comment

Originally posted by Armageddon View Post
            LSR tuners are quite the trademark of "Original" KV1. I would not purchase a KV1 without LSR.
            That's pretty much one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Yeah, changing strings with LSR tuners takes about 5 weeks.You need 10000 rotations per string to do it right

Seriously, regular tuners on a KV-1 may not look as cool, but makes more sence.

Comment

What the?

:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                  Yeah, changing strings with LSR tuners takes about 5 weeks.You need 10000 rotations per string to do it right
                  I'm hoping that was a sarcastic statement. My LSR tuners had a 40:1 ratio.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                    I'm hoping that was a sarcastic statement. My LSR tuners had a 40:1 ratio.
                    40 rotations for one rotation of the tuner? OMG

Comment

That would wear your damn wrists out pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                        40 rotations for one rotation of the tuner? OMG
                        well its 40:1 and most are 18:1, so its a little more than twice as fast

Comment

BUt hey, they stay in tune very well!

+ they look coooool !

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
                            well its 40:1 and most are 18:1, so its a little more than twice as fast

You mean twice as slow.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, LSR tuners don't have actual gears. However, they work on the same principle as fishing reels. If you have a reel with a 4:1 retreive ratio, it's good for fishing spinner baits which require a slower retrieve. A 6.3:1 ratio reel is used for worm fishing or ripping a buzzbait across the top of the water.

The LSR tuners are designed for fine tuning. Barely turning the tuner gets immediate results. So yes, it is a faster means of tuning.
                              "POOP"

Comment

I think you've got it backwards.

Think of it this way:

Grover 18:1 tuners turn the tuner post one time for every 18 turns of the tuner button.

If LSRs are 40:1, that means you have to turn the tuner button 40 times to rotate the post a full rotation. If LSRs are designed for fine tuning, this makes perfect sense, because it means the movement of the post is slower, and therefore more accurate.

The larger the ratio, the slower, but more accurate your tuning will be. That is why I prefer 18:1 Grovers myself over other tuners, which are usually 15:1, or 16:1. Those are fine if you have a fine tuning bridge, but if you've got a TOM set up, the Grovers are more accurate. I suppose the LSRs would be even better, except they look stupid, and from what I hear they're a pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X