Finally, my first Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, my first Jackson!

Hello everyone, after lusting for a Jackson King V for many years I recently came across a great deal and picked up a KV2 in Blue Ghost Flames! I love the guitar but there are a couple of things I noticed when comparing it to my buddies KV2. The first thing is my V doesn't balance as well, it's a little neck heavy, is this because maybe the alder wings on my axe are lighter than the alder wings on his? Also, when playing my guitar it is very easy to pull the high E off of the fretboard, an issue that doesn't exist on his. Has anyone else experienced these things? All of that being said, mine sounds better! Thanks very much, I am thrilled to finally join the Jackson club!

Joel

What year is it, and what year is his made in? (out of curiosity)

oh ya and I belive that I speak for everyone when I say.

Comment

pics are required before any questions will be answered

Comment

Wow you guys are HARSH! Serial no. is U10641. Sorry I don't have a digital camera but I will borrow one ASAP and take a pic if that is what it takes to know if: a) does lighter alder make the guitar more neck heavy and b) does anyone else own a USA Jackson where the high E can be pullled off of the fingerboard very easily.

Comment

Ive seen that problem alot in bolt on neck guitars, usually you can just loosen the neck a bit and move it over. In your guitars case though, even though its impossible to say without pictures, more than likley the bridge position is the culprit. Even if the bridge is only 2mm to the treble side, that would make a big difference. It could also be something as simple as the nut being a bit off center as well.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

light alder probably makes your guitar neck heavy but i'm not sure. i'm just a mathematician..

Comment

Pictures???

Comment

My SL1 has the same E string problem, but only when the action is silly low.

Comment

I have an sl1T with the same string prob (still awaiting fix, bridge off by 2mm) and I have seen a few (too many) USAs in shops with the misaligned bridge (or nut). I think there are quite a few of them about nowadays and is evidence of sloppy qc. Either that or they get a few too many off them off the production line, its too expensive to chuck the wood away and build another one. Perhaps the "seconds" are sold off cheap. Once the wood is drilled thats it. A good reason to stick with the golden rule of try before buy. Although, myself included sometimes the ebay bargain lure is too much

Comment

^ That seems unfortunately to be the case, as I've received (and returned) one Select Soloist with the bridge route too big (7-string?) and pickup routes way off. It was not sold any cheaper though. The shop I purchased it from apologized and shipped a dead-on piece after sending the half-assed guitar back to Jackson. Hope them shift leaders whip the proletariat back in line soon enough, at least before my next order

Comment

Working...
                    X