Warbird down :( (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird down :( (pic heavy)

My first post in these forums and sorry it isnt a good one. But at least it will be informative to some of you.

I don't see many of these in dead mint condition so when it was being sold on Ebay 3 weeks ago, I grabbed it:

Problem is this is how it arrived after being shipped and held for 5 days at the Canadian border before the shipping company finally contacted me to inform me of this.

They wanted my tax info and social security number because they thought the ammount paid for it meant i was a dealer. So they held it at the border for 5 days before feelling the need to contact anybody about it.

Notice the carefully picked corrugated paper (yes, I said paper)
    that would be the sole cushion to absorb any shock for package as it was shipped from Canada to Chicago.

Also note the numerous "Fragile Stickers" that the person who I had talked to at the shipping company had told me were on the package.

Here's what it looked like when i opened the case. No packing at all to keep the guitar from moving around in the case durring transit:

It is insured for the ammount i paid for it, but i pretty much figure after filling a claim and going through all the red tape, the shipping company is gonna tell me it's pretty much the sellers fault for failing to properly pack the item for shipping.

My conversation with him so far tells me that he is probably not going to be willing to refund my money if i ship the guitar back to him and it comes down to that. I'll see what the shipping has to say when I file a claim tomorrow.

When buying anything off of Ebay demand that the seller show you pics of how it's packed, have them mark the package with fragile stickers.

This looks like the same guitar discussed in this thread:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81072

You'll note I commented in the thread that this type of case results in Warriors having headstocks snapped completely in half during shipment, and I mentioned hoping the seller knows how to pack guitars (as he claims to not know much about guitars), or there could be damage.

Consider yourself lucky its only the tip! I know its a bummer, but a snapped in half headstock like my friend had on his warbird cost him $400 to properly fix at GMW.

I agree with you that a shipping claim would probably be denied. Your best bet will be to try to get $100-$200 back refund back from the seller if he'll do that.

My co-worker and I always make it a point to email the seller with complete 'instructions' on how to pack and secure the guitar in the case from movement, etc. That's about the only defense you have.

Again, a bummer, but at least the guitar's headstock is in one piece and you could play it in a gig tonight, so that should make you feel a little better.

Oh yeah...Welcome to JCF!

Comment

[QUOTE=MountainDog;1090142]This looks like the same guitar discussed in this thread:
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81072

Yea, it is the very same guitar just a total bummer to see somthing like this get dammaged when it could have been prevented with proper packing

Comment

Aaaargh! That's horrible!

However, at least it's only the tip of the headstock, and not something worse. Personally, I'd get a quote from a reputable repair shop, and tell the seller you expect him to pay for the repair AND knock $100 off the price.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Wow, that sucks, that is a serious ding on a cool guitar. Good luck with some sort of remedy.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Good luck with the claim and repair. It's gutting to see something special get treated like shit. Any respectable seller would have at least bought a proper JCC917 (WR1) case and protected the headstock with bubblewrap. I had the same issue with a 2003 BCR Ironbird. It was safer in the factory cardboard box!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

that sucks penguin foreskin.

that said, be happy that is all the damage that it took. dunno if you're interested in a fix, but it could be fixed pretty easily. granted, unless you get the paint touched up, it will have scars, but as others have said, at least the headstock is still intact, shockingly.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Did you use PayPal? If you did, I would basically return it (refuse). I had a very similar situation like yours and returned it a day later after I opened it up. It went back with the same tracking number. The seller (not a dealer, but individual) refused before, during and after the return (said they never got it back) to refund the money. I filed a PayPal dispute, a day later PayPal escalated the dispute to a claim internally. They asked for the tracking information to be provided from me. Once PayPal saw the tracking information, I got a full refund within 12 hours. The seller did not insure it for the full value either, but PayPal kicked ass!

I saw the ad in the other post. You have an out with Paypal!!!! Return it and get your money back. PayPal will turn it into a claim. If I opted to have it repaired, I'd take it to a authorized dealer and see if Jackson can rebuild it. If I were in the situation, I'd just get a refund and use the money on a Custom Shop order or something else all together.
                Last edited by Bengal65; 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The reason for headstocThe k damage like this, is that people don't use common sense when packing a guitar. Even if the headstock had been wrapped in bubblewrap, it would probably still have suffered some damage, perhaps even snapping clean off. When packing a guitar, you want to pack the body tightly, to the point where it doesn't move around inside the case AT ALL. The guitar sliding back and forth in the case, smashing the headstock against the inside of the case is what causes this type of damage.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Damn, as i was scrolling down i was like, well at least it did arrive ok...oh DAMN * see's paint chunks

That's fucked, the guitar was frikin impecable.
                    The guy is an idiot, well, now looking at his feedback, i wouldn't have bought from him anyway.
                    Yeah I send my buyers a pic of me packing their shit, without them even asking. not that i ever will get that courtesy in return.
                    Damn Horror story, and i got 2 comming from japan *crosses fingers!*

I got kinda pissed off just now, lol.

I feel for ya dude, totaly fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                      I hate seeing guitar snuff pron..
                      Guitar snuff pron, that's what that is all right. Sorry to hear about that.

Comment

Sucks, But looks like a modest repair that if done correctly, would be invisible.
                        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                          Sucks, But looks like a modest repair that if done correctly, would be invisible.
                          Would you guys be able to swing that ? If so PM me a ballpark figure and I'll see if i can get this fuckstick to reimburse me for any charges or maybe see if PayPal will cover my ass on this one.

Bengal65's idea is probably the only other route I could go, but once I set her up proper and took her for a test spin, this is definatly one of the best playing guitars i've ever owned. I also bought a set of Semour Duncan pups to throw in the bridge before it arrived from shipping.

Comment

Damn.. At least the headstock didnt snap off. Paint chips can be matched and touched up. as can the corner of the headstock. Still sucks tho. I love the warbird graphic. Especailly on a Warrior.
                            Gil

Comment

man that is real nice looking axe,kinda sucks about the headstock though
                              the only thing i dont like about it,is the placement of the volume pot
                              knowing my luck i would hit it with my pinky all the time and turn it down as i was playing
                              http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Working...
                              X