Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roidster View Post
    ...the only thing i dont like about it,is the placement of the volume pot
    knowing my luck i would hit it with my pinky all the time and turn it down as i was playing
    Most of the Jackson knobs are 3/4" diameter and 3/4" tall. I found a smaller knob from Carvin, 5/8" x 5/8" and put on my Warriors, which helps a little with the problem you are referring to.

Comment

1. Hate to see that happen but it could be worse. I should know...

2. Easy fix, should cost maybe 100 bux to get fixed

3. Easy way to get your money back: Paypal. If you want, just as they have told you, return it and file a claim. Paypal > UPS in these situations.

Comment

First sorry to see this...(outstanding graphic!!!) Keep it! Have it repaired...as it's super cool, and you may never get anything like again?
        I would think this could be repaired, and then you still have one of the
        great graphics available ANYWHERE!! Too cool to send back imo.
        Let us know how it turns out?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          The reason for the headstock damage like this, is that people don't use common sense when packing a guitar. Even if the headstock had been wrapped in bubblewrap, it would probably still have suffered some damage, perhaps even snapping clean off. When packing a guitar, you want to pack the body tightly, to the point where it doesn't move around inside the case AT ALL. The guitar sliding back and forth in the case, smashing the headstock against the inside of the case is what causes this type of damage.
          Agreed, this was shipped to me all the way from Florida:

Lots of points on it, 0 dammage. It arived in a case that wasnt even form fitted for it, one of those cases that just has padding at the back and a neck rest. But the guy took the time to make shure there was enough packing in the case so it didnt move around while in transit.

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          First sorry to see this...(outstanding graphic!!!) Keep it! Have it repaired...as it's super cool, and you may never get anything like again?
          I would think this could be repaired, and then you still have one of the
          great graphics available ANYWHERE!! Too cool to send back imo.
          Let us know how it turns out?
          My thoughts too, aside from the headstock this thing is immaculate and a good player. I'm hunting arround to see who can work some magic on it and what it'll cost, then i gotta see if i can get this genius to reimburse for it.

Comment

Canada sucks!

I've not only seen this happen but I had a similar problem. I shipped a Zakk Wylde Les PAul Custom to Canada I sold on Ebay. THe buyer contacted me and said he didn't recieve it. Shortly thereafter customs contacted me and said they were gonna hold it and not deliver because they felt the value was more than declared. They gave me and the buyer and extremely hard time. End result, the buyer had to pay an additional $300 to customs to get the guitar. Also, I personally packed and boxed the instrument. No one could have been more careful or packed it any better. When the buyer got the instrument, the packaging was torn up and most of the packing missing. He said he was lucky he got the guitar in one piece because customs annihilated everything. He said it looked like they might have even took part of the guitar apart.

Comment

Another horror story for shure but that aint the case here. I sent him pics and he didn't deny that thats how he shipped it out. Just plain out failed on giving a shit wether it got to me safe or not.

Comment

If you paid via credit card thru paypal, I'd return it. Let him deal with the repair. You might even be able to buy it again a hellofa lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukeman5 View Post
                  I've not only seen this happen but I had a similar problem. I shipped a Zakk Wylde Les PAul Custom to Canada I sold on Ebay. THe buyer contacted me and said he didn't recieve it. Shortly thereafter customs contacted me and said they were gonna hold it and not deliver because they felt the value was more than declared. They gave me and the buyer and extremely hard time. End result, the buyer had to pay an additional $300 to customs to get the guitar. Also, I personally packed and boxed the instrument. No one could have been more careful or packed it any better. When the buyer got the instrument, the packaging was torn up and most of the packing missing. He said he was lucky he got the guitar in one piece because customs annihilated everything. He said it looked like they might have even took part of the guitar apart.
                  ive never had problems with customs. ive had them hold a guitar for awhile but no issues getting it to me.

i get my stuff sent to a holding place in NY now though. i drive it across the border back to canada myself, tell them its worth $100 and have a fake paypal printout made. never had an issue and never paid duty/customs again

Comment

damn...sucks, but the rest of the guitar is good...but I don't blame you if you want to send it back or w/e.

A guy I kinda know has a 90's Warbird Warrior...and he DOESN'T PLAY GUITAR. Won't sell it either...pisses me off a bit.

Comment

This thread is making me depressed. Please cheer me up by getting it fixed.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have never bought a guitar online that came in a G&G-style case because I am TERRIFIED of the non-form-fitting, HOTDOG-DOWN-A-HALLWAY, SCREWING-A-BUCKET-OF-HOT-WATER design of these cavernous gaping-hole-ridden cases during transit, which require packing material to compensate the extra space inside the case.

The three guitars I've bought online all came in tight form-fitting cases with no extra packing material... they literally just arrived in a box of correct size. The guitars were fine. Sellers need to realize the guitar NEEDS to touch SOMETHING supportive and cushioning on ALL SIDES POSSIBLE as the first line of defense against damage. Everything else is SECONDARY.

Hope all works out well for you, 138!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          This thread is making me depressed. Please cheer me up by getting it fixed.
                          +1
                          What a total bummer mate. But it's gotta be worth spending the cash to get a repair shop to do a propper fix and paint. That looks like the the twin sister to mine, get her fixed up, she's worth it.

Comment

Well As far as I'm concerened this isn't a HUGE deal, send it to one of two places that do the best repair work in town and let the seller pay for it, and all would be right as rain, just get a better damn case for the thing, I've seen guitar properly packed, and by that I mean the body was so tight it took a half hour to get it out and it STILL cracked the headstock.

c

Comment

Just a thought and I'm only playing devils advocate here, but from the sellers prospective he could argue, he sent the guitar in the case that was actually designed for that specific guitar, the case it's self was not damaged in transit , but the guitar was damaged by the piss poor design of the case, which you could argue is not the seller fault, like I said I'm only playing devils advocate so don't flame me.
                              I almost speak from experience because I had a friend ship my Warrior (in the same type of case) to me from Germany and he would of just sent it "as is" cos he considered the case looked pretty sturdy. Thankfully I sent him pictures I had downloaded from a guitar packing tutorial from the Moser site so it arrive in plenty of bubble wrap. But if people are not members of forums like this or have never shipped a gutar before they would be completely unaware of these horror stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Messiah View Post
                                Thankfully I sent him pictures I had downloaded from a guitar packing tutorial from the Moser site so it arrive in plenty of bubble wrap. But if people are not members of forums like this or have never shipped a gutar before they would be completely unaware of these horror stories.
                                If all manufacturers and dealers packed guitars like Neal Moser does, there would be a lot less breakage problems.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X