Warbird down :( (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    If all manufacturers and dealers packed guitars like Neal Moser does, there would be a lot less breakage problems.
    BC Rich double-boxes their low end-stuff really well, I was impressed.

Comment

Cool. I was actually impressed that my Dean Mustaine V was also double boxed. Not sure if it was that way from Dean or Scott VWall.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Messiah View Post
        Just a thought and I'm only playing devils advocate here, but from the sellers prospective he could argue, he sent the guitar in the case that was actually designed for that specific guitar, the case it's self was not damaged in transit , but the guitar was damaged by the piss poor design of the case, which you could argue is not the seller fault, like I said I'm only playing devils advocate so don't flame me.
        I almost speak from experience because I had a friend ship my Warrior (in the same type of case) to me from Germany and he would of just sent it "as is" cos he considered the case looked pretty sturdy. Thankfully I sent him pictures I had downloaded from a guitar packing tutorial from the Moser site so it arrive in plenty of bubble wrap. But if people are not members of forums like this or have never shipped a gutar before they would be completely unaware of these horror stories.

You would have to be mildly retarded to think a guitar won't shift in transit, especially in a case that isn't 100% molded to the body. Even then, why take a chance?

Laziness or stupidity either way its completely preventable for 3 cents worth of bubble wrap.

Comment

I'm definatly not sending it back, like I said aside from the headstock it's in great shape for it's age. I figure this guy wouldn't know what to do with it anyways, and I really don't wanna see it get kicked around anymore.

I took it to a place here in Chicago called Third Coast Guitar Service, all they do is repair and restore guitars. They said they'd be able to match up the paint and binding and make it look tits again. 6-8 week wait though and at a cost between $195 & $260 bucks

So I guess I'll try to get the cash back from either shipping (still playing back and forth with them, no definate answer) or see if I can get PayPal to step up to the plate.

I no longer have any contact with the seller my emails keep gettin' sent back saying "A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address", yea... thats a shocker .

Comment

Make sure you give negative feedback. Don't let this motherfucker get away with this.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by 138 View Post
              I'm definatly not sending it back, like I said aside from the headstock it's in great shape for it's age. I figure this guy wouldn't know what to do with it anyways, and I really don't wanna see it get kicked around anymore.

I took it to a place here in Chicago called Third Coast Guitar Service, all they do is repair and restore guitars. They said they'd be able to match up the paint and binding and make it look tits again. 6-8 week wait though and at a cost between $195 & $260 bucks

So I guess I'll try to get the cash back from either shipping (still playing back and forth with them, no definate answer) or see if I can get PayPal to step up to the plate.

I no longer have any contact with the seller my emails keep gettin' sent back saying "A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address", yea... thats a shocker .

How rude...

Comment

Please, for my sanity too, just get her fixed and post pix of the restoration.
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-07-2008, 07:01 AM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                X