Dragon SLH2 Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon SLH2 Custom?

Hey, I just joined the forum . I've had questions on this guitar for a while now, and this is the perfect place to ask about it ^^. It is a Dragon inlayed SLH2 that I found at a local store. I was wondering if it is custom shop or a small batch of standard US or something else. I have seen it in person, and there is no custom shop logo or anything, to my knowledge, that would qualify it as a custom shop. However, the finish is definitely custom shop material. Also, the description says it was at NAMM 2007, but I've looked at pictures from the shows that year and I never saw this one. Maybe I just missed it though. I never got down the serial #, so maybe thats the key ><. Anyways, its a cool guitar, was just wondering about it. Thx beforehand for any replies.

Link:
    http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/Gea...x?Item=1626143
    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Serial number is the key. A lot of people on here believe that to be a Custom Shop creation the guitar should say that on the headstock. ABSOLUTELY WRONG! In fact, the Custom Shop has been building guitars when that wasn't even done for a longer time than since they started that. So most of the Custom Shops are not labeled that way, even today, you have to specify it. So serial number is the key, on a Soloist it would start with the letter "J". This is not always the case but is the best way to confirm it. I am not aware of any small runs of an abalone inlaid body Soloist, so I'm pretty sure it's Custom. $4500? No.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, that guitar (or one just like it) was at a recent NAMM show - maybe summer 07?

Because of the standard specs (rev headstock aside) my bet is that it's another 'U' serial guitar (i.e. USA Select) that was pulled out of the rack for a special finish. They have made batches of Selects with reverse heads, so the headstock alone doesn't guarentee CS status....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

heh thx for responses guys...ye 4500 is too expensive, I didn't b4 or now have plans on purchasing it. Thought it looked rlly cool though, so was interested to know about it
        My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Working...
        X