inlay question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlay question...

i have an SD reissue neck from the 90's just sitting around. one thing cool about it is that the inlays are maple. it has a rosewood board and maple dots.

i am spec'ing another custom shop, and i was thinking about an all rosewood neck, with maple sharkies and a maple logo. does anyone know of a J/C CS guitar that has something similar to this?

i have no doubts they can do it, i'd just like to see it....

and i am torn between using a figured maple, or just plain maple...

what do you think?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I've never seen anything like that from Jackson, but this new Gibson has maple inlays that look pretty neat.
    http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Division...PaulPush-tone/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think flame maple would sharkies would be real nice against rosewood or ebony! Maple binding too
      http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Off topic.
        If the Pickups are held in place by magnets, do you think it will effect the tone?
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

in answer to the above question....probably.

in regards to my question, thanks for the replies so far. yeah, flamed sharkies would be awesome....never thought about maple binding....hmmmm, might be cool. i am thinking about a SL2H done semi-bc rich style with the "exotic" woods and stuff....still in the spec stages though....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post

in regards to my question, thanks for the replies so far. yeah, flamed sharkies would be awesome....never thought about maple binding....hmmmm, might be cool. i am thinking about a SL2H done semi-bc rich style with the "exotic" woods and stuff....still in the spec stages though....
            I smell masterbuild:ROTF:
            Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Somebody did a killer Warrior with bloodwood stringers.
              Wish I still had the pic to post for you.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Scott (Scholomance) from this forum got this Warrior.

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productp...arrior_koa.htm

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                  I smell masterbuild:ROTF:
                  oh, totally. this guitar is gonna cost me a fortune. that's okay. i haven't order anything that i have expected to get "cheap".

and that warrior is awesome.....even though i HATE the shape, it looks SUPER sweet!!!!
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I've never seen anything like that from Jackson, but this new Gibson has maple inlays that look pretty neat.
                    no pickup rings? Blasphemy!

Mark, I think you're on to an excellent idea with the "natural" theme!
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post

I've found wood binding to be muchos cool!

Comment

Love that Warrior, looks so BC Rich Exotic

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                          no pickup rings? Blasphemy!

Mark, I think you're on to an excellent idea with the "natural" theme!
                          I thought it was a little weird, but did you read the specs? That's some new-fangled system they've got for easily swapping out pickups!

Comment

Are they thus admitting their pickups suck and people swap them out the moment they get the guitar? :ROTF:

I like Gibson pickups, actually.

Comment

Scott (Scholomance) from this forum got this Warrior.

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productp...arrior_koa.htm
                              Scott has some seriously kick ass guitars !

Ok, back on topic ......... Maple inlays sounds pretty cool. I think they'd look real nice matched up with a rosewood board.
                              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X