Saturn Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturn Warrior

I'm curious as to how it sounds considering the only pickup is almost centred between the neck and bridge, compared to normal pup configs on WR1's. In addition, I've only ever played 22 and 24 frets, so I'm not sure about 27. Has anyone ever tried her out?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I'm a Warrior kind of guy, and that thing looks incredible. I wish I could try it.

Comment

hell ya ,, that thing smokes

MOSHON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Wow, that is cool. When I saw "Saturn Warrior," I figured the car company Saturn was coming out with a big SUV. :ROTF: This is way cooler.

Comment

Is that a Dan Lawrence paint job I wonder?

Comment

After international shipping and UK taxes, it would be approx £2,500. Still cheaper than the Mike Learn Celtic Warrior.

Otherwise, I hope they add this finish to the current list. Just found a few finishes have been axed from the WR1 spec list.
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah badass, i think it's likely it would have a fatter sound being more centered like that, awesome frikin guitar, looks more like it belongs in a glass case

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                That is sweet, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the old, original Saturn Warrior.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I prefer the newer one
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Cool guitar!

BTW, I think the pickup is in the typcial bridge pickup position.
                    It sure looks like the bridge is farther to the left compared to a normal Warrior, and the 27th fret is right where the 24th would be. Because of the 27fret neck there is little space left anyways, so the pickup sits right in the middle.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                      Cool guitar!

BTW, I think the pickup is in the typcial bridge pickup position.
                      It sure looks like the bridge is farther to the left compared to a normal Warrior, and the 27th fret is right where the 24th would be. Because of the 27fret neck there is little space left anyways, so the pickup sits right in the middle.
                      Nope. Look at the corner closest to the bridge compared to the original Saturn Warrior. There's at least a 1" gap on the new one.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It isnt a warrior...but imo Dan's work is much better than these two!
                        I doubt Dan Lawrence did either of these...

1991 Dinky "Dan"

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                          What year is that? I remember seeing a pic in the mid 90's of that thing... always thought it was a badass axe!
                          It's a '91, and it's in the gallery at the top of the forum. I've never owned it, but a few people here have.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wonder if this 27 fretter has a custom case, or they managed to squeeze it into a JCC917 without the headstock touching the end of the case.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

The more i look at it the more i love it,,I'd trade all my warriors for that one
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X