Ridiculously Stupid Question about Jackson RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculously Stupid Question about Jackson RR1

I know how most RR's that have the horrible looking pickguard on them are usually covering a open cavity where the electronics are, as on RR3's you can pretty much pull the knobs and the plastic pickguard looks like it could be ripped right off But as I highly doubt it, but have never found out for myself, is this the same for RR1's? I am absolutely IN LOVE with this guitar...

...but the pickguard totally ruins it for me.

I also really like these guitars
    and

^Nazgul's as well.

But the jacksonstars custom shop is closed for now or whatever that deal is. I also don't have that much money to spend at the moment. Only a budget really of 1400-1500 USD. So can anyone confirm about the pickguard on the RR1? It too is covering an open cavity for the electronics or is it actually removable with a regular surface? Thanks.

- Andrew

Welcome to the forum.
    I've got an RR1T, and I can confirm that there is a hole in there covered by the guard.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah, well thank you anyway. I've been a long time looker on this forum but finally just had to ask this question. Also guess I better start making a bunch of random post if I want to participate in the selling and buying section.

Comment

The pickguard on my RR1 is a very nice solid piece of metal. Not flimsy at all.

Comment

If you don't like the look of the pickguard, go for either a KV2 or take the Jackson Stars RR path.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The pickguard on an RR1 is made of metal and so is not at all flimsy. However, they are front loaded, so removing it isn't really an option.

You could look for a used RR24 or USA made XTRR if you really want rear loaded though...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah I often look at the Jackson Stars, but this is still all so expensive for me to just drop all at once on a guitar, so I got to save up. Im a RR man for sure, so hopefully I do save up and the jackson stars custom shop opens up, OR I find a ridiculous good deal on a RR guitar like I showed above on this or any forum or maybe even ebay. I'm always looking but can never find what I exactly want. Thanks a lot though.

EDIT: Here is my current Jackson RR24 Limited Edition with Gold Hardware and a White headstock logo.

So I already have that covered, I've always just wanted another Jackson Rhoads, kind of like the one I have. But also with non-reversed inlays.
              Last edited by Sir Royal Eddie; 04-27-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

The pickguards on RR3's are also metal. I don't think I ever saw a plastic pickguard on an RR3. My RR3 has a chrome metal pickguard to go along with the chrome hardware. I think it lools great and is not "flimsy" at all.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Royal Eddie View Post

Now that is one cool guitar.....I want that one!!!
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

I've always just wanted another Jackson Rhoads, kind of like the one I have. But also with non-reversed inlays.
                    I hear ya on that one. I wanted the white binding but the standard sharkies at the same time, so I settled for the standard RR24.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was in the same situation, but binding was a bit more important to me rather than right side up inlays or not. Plus it was a limited edition, and that screams "BUY ME" to me.

Comment

How about 'em XTRRs, those are nice too

Comment

^?

Comment

I really don't mind the plate on the RR. I have several and none of them are flimsy or ever felt like they were going to rip off.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I think many on this forum dream of a rear loaded USA RR, but I don't see it happening any time soon

I better start making a bunch of random post if I want to participate in the selling and buying section.
                              you need to buy into the rare earth metal club in order to sell

PS Very nice guitar you have there
                              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Working...
                              X