Y2KV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV Question

I have heard many rumours throughout the years on the discontinuation of the Y2KV's. I was hoping someone could give the definitive answer as to why production was stopped. I had heard a Gibson lawsuit and/or Dave Mustaine being pissed that Jackson sold to Fender. What's the real story? If it was because of Gibson's lawsuit, does anyone think Jackson may start a "round horn" again in light of PRS winning their suit against Gibson and the single cut-away (Les Paul)? In closing, the Y2KV is one of the best playing and sounding Jackson guitar ever built - bring'em back please!!! Owning just one is not enough.

It was Dave's sig model, he's no longer with the company, that's that.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I don't know if we'll ever know the definitive answer. My guess it lies somewhere between Gibson and Fender legal issues to a gentleman's agreement. As for the Y2KV my guess as long as Dave is not with Jackson you will never see one produced again. Even if he does come back they might not do it because of the relationship with Gibson.

A few months ago I submitted a design that changed the round horn V and was told they would not do it because it resembled the shape too much.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

+1 to what Jack said about the Y2KV.

And very interesting about your modified roundhorn attempt, too, dude - thanks for sharing the experience. I was going to attempt something similar, with a custom V body design of my own. Didn't expect it to have much chance, as it would've been similar to a roundhorn V (but not the same) - I won't bother wasting my time at all, now.

Comment

Hmm. What about a roundhorn Rhoads?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yuck.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Hmm. What about a roundhorn Rhoads?
              Would look like a one-legged pirate with an all too short wooden stump... :ROTF:

Comment

If this is a major legal issue with Gibson, how the hell does ESP get away with copying everyone. Do trademarks and patents not count if the opposing companies are in different countries. Dave Mustaine's signature ESP and Dean looked very similar in body shape to the Jackson King V. I understand the KV and Y2KV's were at one time Mustaine's signature series, but that doesn't mean he owns the design. The "Demmolition" is going to be a signature series, but I doubt Jackson is going to discontinue RR's if the endorsement goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                  Would look like a one-legged pirate with an all too short wooden stump... :ROTF:
                  I don't know, I always kinda liked the rounded Carvin Ultra V over the pointy version. I guess just reverse it like a normal Rhoads.
                  http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/i...87-ultrav.html
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X