Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Rhoads: Would it be possible?

Hey guys,
    I thought about this idea a while ago, actually.
    I have a Transparent Black Jackson RR3, one of the prettiest RR I have ever seen. I've thought about combining what I like the most in available RRs to order from the Custom shop.
    So, I am wondering if the CS would accept a Transparent Black finish with Gold plated pinstripes on bevels, even if it says on the quote "Only on solid colors".

I've done a very quick mock-up of what I mean:

I like it!

Comment

The custom shop will do it but you'll pay custom shop prices.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

sweet! Great idea.

while you're waiting for your CS guitar, you could use gold pinstriping tape from an automotive shop and give your RR3 some pins!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

If you aren't changing much I don't think the cost would be too high.

Comment

making ANY changes puts it at custom shop prices. there is a base "custom shop" price and you go from there with options....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Contact Mike Learn. If he can't add the pins you want, then I am sure he can point you in the right direction.

That way you get a CS look without having to build a CS guitar at CS prices.
              1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
              Jackson SLATQH
              Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
              Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
              Jackson DKMGT (project)
              Kramer Focus 1000
              Ibanez SDGR Bass
              Ovation Celebrity
              Martin Backpacker

Comment

I just ordered a custom King V and it isn't all that much more than a standard KV. I ordered different wood, string-through, and finish.

Comment

They would use gold leaf to do what you are asking for. They did it on the Evel Charvel from Namm so I they should be able to it on this.

Comment

Since taking over the reigns of the Custom Shop last Decemeber, I've made some changes to the way we price Custom Shop guitars. If you're only changing the finish on an RR1 or RR1T, the only fee will be the graphic upcharge. In other words, if you wanted custom colored bevels on a RR1T, you'd pay RR1T price + Bevels. If you wanted an RR1 with EMG's, you're only paying for the EMG's. Make sense?
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Thanks all for your replies.
                      I don't think the cost would be very much higher if the only additional cost is a custom finish.
                      I could also do it myself on my RR3, doesn't seems very complicated.

Comment

Get a US bro, you'll never regret it!
                        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                          Since taking over the reigns of the Custom Shop last Decemeber, I've made some changes to the way we price Custom Shop guitars. If you're only changing the finish on an RR1 or RR1T, the only fee will be the graphic upcharge. In other words, if you wanted custom colored bevels on a RR1T, you'd pay RR1T price + Bevels. If you wanted an RR1 with EMG's, you're only paying for the EMG's. Make sense?
                          very interesting! Thanks for clarifying, McD
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice to see you here Brian and good job on straightening out that pricing
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Working...
                              X