• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P

C

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
      This is really a matter of personal preference, but it's also fun, so let's do it. Here are my pros & cons for each:

SL2H
      Pros: Cheaper, more finishes, can get black hardware, 2H layout doesn't get in the way of picking, thinner neck, inlays, better upper fret access

Cons: glossy finished neck

PC1
      Pros: Strat head, superb quality, fun Sustainer, prettier finishes

Cons: Middle pickup in way of picking & can't be lowered, Sustainer has limited utility & is prone to problems/very difficult to get repaired, cluttered controls, more $, gold hardware, needs batteries

Overall, I'd get the PC1. I had one and foolishly sold it. Even though I disliked the gold hardware and the middle pickup in my way, and I didn't have any real use for the Sustainer, I still want one again. It had a quality feel that I just loved, and I love the looks of a Jackson Strat head.
      +1 on that...probably not fair of me to comment..cause ive been playing
      the Loner, and "Flying in a blue dream"...on my PC-1...and it's allot of fun!
      For the sustainer alone..i would vote the PC

Comment

SL2H. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          This is really a matter of personal preference, but it's also fun, so let's do it. Here are my pros & cons for each:

SL2H
          Pros: Cheaper, more finishes, can get black hardware, 2H layout doesn't get in the way of picking, thinner neck, inlays, better upper fret access

Cons: glossy finished neck

PC1
          Pros: Strat head, superb quality, fun Sustainer, prettier finishes

Cons: Middle pickup in way of picking & can't be lowered, Sustainer has limited utility & is prone to problems/very difficult to get repaired, cluttered controls, more $, gold hardware, needs batteries

Overall, I'd get the PC1. I had one and foolishly sold it. Even though I disliked the gold hardware and the middle pickup in my way, and I didn't have any real use for the Sustainer, I still want one again. It had a quality feel that I just loved, and I love the looks of a Jackson Strat head.
          I don't mind the gold hardware at all. It looks nice to me on this guitar. And, honestly, I prefer the chrome hardware on the SL2Hs, especially with the trans finsihes (I'm in love with those).

I'm really surprised you can't lower the middle pup. That's weird. I'm sorta used to the HSS setup because that's on my ST-III, but I can lower the hell out of the middle pup so it's not in my way. Still, I so rarely use any pup other thtan the bridge...

Someone asked for a pic of the Bich. Here she is:

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
            This would be an easy choice if they made USA Select Soloists in Chlorine (old analyne finish of course), Solar, and Redrum.
            Agreed. Although I have no problem with the trans red, amber burst or green trans. I think all those colors are great.

Comment

Also, is the PC-1 a good metal guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Eye View Post
                Also, is the PC-1 a good metal guitar?
                Is Def Leppard Metal?

JUST GET AN SL2H

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Is Def Leppard Metal?

JUST GET AN SL2H
                  No, after Pyro, they turned full pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Eye View Post
                    No, after Pyro, they turned full pussy.
                    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                      I would get a PC1. I like the oiled neck rather than the painted glossy neck. What would be cool is a Neck-Thru PC1 with oiled neck and strathead.
                      +1! I just procured a '97 Mocha PC1 and I LOVE it! Best guitar I've ever played, period. Thing is in mint condition. Will post pics once I get it back from being professionally setup.
                      Last edited by exposeenmity; 05-01-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

expose, what do you play, mostly?

Comment

I play metal. PC1 without a doubt. I have had both guitars. You can do anything with todays amps and pedals and eq. But I run straight into my Framus and it kicks major ass.

If you ask me the PC1 is punchier and has that percussiveness that you can't get with a neck through (yeah yeah don't start...you neck through guys).

Let me point out one really cool thing about the sustainer - if you are plugging directly into a recorder lets say and doing a clean solo - like an acoustical thing with some vibrato but are getting no sustain on the vibratos because you are not running an amp - all of the sudden you have sustain. It can be very useful in many situations.

But I think THE DECIDING factor is the neck. I think the thicker neck adds tone. For me the neck throughs are too thin. I will take the neck of the PC1 every time. But I think this is the biggest issue. I can run Am arps all the way up the neck to the 24th fret no problem.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                            But I think THE DECIDING factor is the neck. I think the thicker neck adds tone. For me the neck throughs are too thin. I will take the neck of the PC1 every time. But I think this is the biggest issue. I can run Am arps all the way up the neck to the 24th fret no problem.
                            I totally agree on the neck. People say the Historic Gibsons with the baseball necks have the best tone. But if you can't play it, what's the use?

Thin is in

Comment

Working...
                            X