Losing faith, a rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing faith, a rant.

Well gentlemen, I'm losing faith. My Soloist that I spent major bucks on has had a neck problem since day one. If you do a search you can see a few posts on it. I got it back today(it actually made it this time to fender, see any post regarding the fucking troll guitar salesman here in Vegas(Ed the shit head Roman).

It came back with a new nut and some comments like truss rod cover not seated. What the fuck does that mean? Any ways the neck has this very slight twist to it, and on the low E it just sounds like crap. They said it was an optical illusion(in the paper work). Granted the new nut did help but its still not right. The rep said he wouldn't replace the guitar because the economy is bad and they aren't making enough money and the cost would be to great. I mean for gods sake, its not a $300.00 guitar. Shit happens, it tweaked and twisted. They are not perfect, but damn, step up to the plate and take care of the customers that spend those extra bucks.

Well back to the shop tomorrow. They did say that if I wasn't satisfied they would do some fret work. Just another band aid as far as I'm concerned.

You know that sad part is, I have one of those cheap ass India made Kelly's that sounds better then this USA Soloist.

I'm to the point I would just send them a check for a few hundred dollars plus the guitar as a trade in if they would send me a new guitar. It's not really that bad, just bad enough to sound like shit and piss you off.

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyone want to buy it? $1200.00, I paid $1550.00 and I'll pay shipping(very doubtful any of you guys would be satisfied with it either). Joking BTW.

Originally posted by Sidk View Post
    The rep said he wouldn't replace the guitar because the economy is bad and they aren't making enough money and the cost would be too great.
    That is total shit - assuming it's a manufacturing problem, they don't get to pick and choose if they honour a warranty and fix something depending how they feel on the day or if it's 'cost effective'.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems - have you tried contacting McD via PM on here? He's helped out some other guys who've had problems...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

So you bought a "USA Jackson" from Ed Roman?

And you're having trouble with it?

And you wonder why?

Why is the word not being spread that Ed Roman is a thief and a liar that builds cheapass knockoffs of the brands he carries?

Sorry for all the trouble, but as fas as I know, USA Jacksons have a Lifetime Warranty. If you bought it new from a dealer, hopefully you sent in the Warranty Card so you can get it replaced, but since it's already been worked on, I doubt it.

I'd try it anyway, and tell the rep who was crying about money to shove it up his ass - your money is just as important as his.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        That is total shit - assuming it's a manufacturing problem, they don't get to pick and choose if they honour a warranty and fix something depending how they feel on the day or if it's 'cost effective'.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems - have you tried contacting McD via PM on here? He's helped out some other guys who've had problems...
        This is what the new local tech said. I have no way of knowing if its true or not.

No sir, I have not pulled any strings such as McD. I can tell you that I would never sell it to anyone here. I suck as a guitarist and I think it sounds like shit. I could imangine what one of you guys playing it would say.

Comment

That sucks man, I would press on with Jackson to make it right, however my experience lately is mgf don't care anymore, it's pretty sad.
          750XL Cherry Sunburst
          375DX Metallic black
          Model 2 blue
          Model 2 Red
          USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
          USA Slime Green San Dimas
          MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
          Gibson Les Pauls
          PRS SC-250

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            So you bought a "USA Jackson" from Ed Roman?

And you're having trouble with it?

And you wonder why?

Why is the word not being spread that Ed Roman is a thief and a liar that builds cheapass knockoffs of the brands he carries?

Sorry for all the trouble, but as fas as I know, USA Jacksons have a Lifetime Warranty. If you bought it new from a dealer, hopefully you sent in the Warranty Card so you can get it replaced, but since it's already been worked on, I doubt it.

I'd try it anyway, and tell the rep who was crying about money to shove it up his ass - your money is just as important as his.

Thank you NewC. I learned the hard way with the Troll. If you look at the pic the warranty card is right there. I took that pic a few hours ago.

Comment

I do want to say that this guitar is absolutely beautiful. the finish is top notch. Hell it actually plays very well, just sounds bad.

Comment

Raise the action a little?
                750XL Cherry Sunburst
                375DX Metallic black
                Model 2 blue
                Model 2 Red
                USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
                USA Slime Green San Dimas
                MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
                Gibson Les Pauls
                PRS SC-250

Comment

It sounds bad? So the neck issue doesn't affect playability, just the tone? Amplified tone or acoustic tone?

You might want to look at the wiring if the amplified tone is bad.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ed roman is a honest guy. as for making knockoffs. let me tell you something if a lefty like me wants a joe satriani guitar,or other guitar models not made lefty, i have the right to have one and if ibanez or the other guitar brands want to keep breaking the law and discriminate against lefties, i thank god for someone like ed roman who will make me a similar guitar.just wait till all guitar companies are owned by one person and instead of lefties being discriminated against it will be the righties that has to pay 40 percent extra and certain models wont be able to get because not made for righties, and see how you like it for a change. Then you be thanking someone like ed roman for making what you call cheap knockoffs. Fact its not ed romans fault you have issues with your guitar. also what you think might sound like shit to some, sounds good to others.ed roman doesnt have anything to do with jackson giving him bad product to sell. anybody whos willing to help us lefty guitarist get guitars/basses we dream of even if its a copy then i fully support them and have their back

Comment

Originally posted by garykeller15 View Post
                      ed roman is a honest guy. as for making knockoffs. let me tell you something if a lefty like me wants a joe satriani guitar,or other guitar models not made lefty, i have the right to have one and if ibanez or the other guitar brands want to keep breaking the law and discriminate against lefties, i thank god for someone like ed roman who will make me a similar guitar.just wait till all guitar companies are owned by one person and instead of lefties being discriminated against it will be the righties that has to pay 40 percent extra and certain models wont be able to get because not made for righties, and see how you like it for a change. Then you be thanking someone like ed roman for making what you call cheap knockoffs. Fact its not ed romans fault you have issues with your guitar. also what you think might sound like shit to some, sounds good to others.ed roman doesnt have anything to do with jackson giving him bad product to sell. anybody whos willing to help us lefty guitarist get guitars/basses we dream of even if its a copy then i fully support them and have their back
                      What law would they be breaking... a manufacturer can make what ever models they choose. There are no laws saying they have to make both a right and left handed version.

As for Ed's "knock offs", that IS illegal. It's called copyright and trademark infringement.
                      Also, the instant he slaps the logo (Jackson, Ibanez, etc...) on the guitar and sells it as that brand, he's committing a criminal act.

I do agree with you on one point, It's not Ed's fault that Jackson shipped a F'd up guitar.
                      -Rick

Comment

Maybe Ed made it, and that's why it hasn't been replaced.

Do you really think that Jackson would say "we can't really fix it properly;y because the economy is bad" that's the biggest crock of S*it that I've heard in a while..

Someone's not being honest with you...That's my opinion.

Comment

^ +1
                          Scott

Comment

Hell it actually plays very well, just sounds bad.
                            Here's where I get confused. You say it plays great. But the neck has a twist? And while this twist doesn't affect the playability, it's somehow making the tone suck? Usually, those things go hand in hand. Sorry, but I'm just not following.

Comment

This is what the new local tech said. I have no way of knowing if its true or not.

No sir, I have not pulled any strings such as McD. I can tell you that I would never sell it to anyone here. I suck as a guitarist and I think it sounds like shit. I could imangine what one of you guys playing it would say.
                              I wish you lived closer. I have 30+ guitars, the last one purchase being a Bengal SL2H. These aren't shit guitars either - 6 Gibsons (4 LP's, 2 SG's), 2 RR1's, Fusion Pro's, etc.

I am in total love with this SL2H, the tone (stock pickups) and everything about it. I'm having thoughts of making a Custom Shop soloist.

I'd love to hear yours side-by-side against mine to see how it sounds compared to mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X