No announcement yet.

Losing faith, a rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something doesn't add up. As mentioned earlier, manufacturers do not have the option of subjectively denying warranties based on current financial conditions. Warranties are booked as debits in COGS on a balance sheet. It's deferred/unearned revenue. If the warranty has an expiration, at the expiration the revenue is recognized & booked. In a lifetime warranty, this obviously never happens and is carried on the balance sheet perpetually.

Why do I mention this? Because it's not as simple as saying "Times are tough". Future warranty expenses are ALREADY built into the company's finances. It's not like "oh, we haven't had the cash flow we'd like lately so we can't make good". It should have/has been accounted for already. There's no need to go digging into the pocket for new money to cover it.

In short, either you're being bullshitted or something else is going on. End-run Roman and go right to Fender.

Vass

Comment

That's absolute BS (and I drool over that trans red SL2HT.....). If these guitars are covered under lifetime warranty, there should be no problem. You should already have a new guitar in your hands directly from Jackson with a written apology. At the very least, Mr. Roman should have stepped in and given you a replacement and dealt with Jackson himself.

Also, is this being done through Ed or have you personally spoken to Jackson? If Ed is the intermediary, then I smell a nasty fish.....
      Last edited by Electric Brown Eye; 05-01-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

i doubt your guitar was even sent back to C/J. i wouldnt believe anything anyone at ed's tells you. a twisted neck doesnt effect tone as others have said. ive had a warlock with a slight twist for over 10yrs. hasnt gotten any worse & still sounds like it should.

Comment

Send me the serial number and I'll see what's up.
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Exactly!!!

Originally posted by RD
            Call Fender/Jackson, get the shipping address and ship it back to the factory in Corona Ca., if they can fix it, they will, if not, they will replace it.

Done deal.
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              Something doesn't add up. As mentioned earlier, manufacturers do not have the option of subjectively denying warranties based on current financial conditions. Warranties are booked as debits in COGS on a balance sheet. It's deferred/unearned revenue. If the warranty has an expiration, at the expiration the revenue is recognized & booked. In a lifetime warranty, this obviously never happens and is carried on the balance sheet perpetually.

Why do I mention this? Because it's not as simple as saying "Times are tough". Future warranty expenses are ALREADY built into the company's finances. It's not like "oh, we haven't had the cash flow we'd like lately so we can't make good". It should have/has been accounted for already. There's no need to go digging into the pocket for new money to cover it.

In short, either you're being bullshitted or something else is going on. End-run Roman and go right to Fender.

Vass
              Once again Vass...
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by garykeller15 View Post
                ed roman is a honest guy.
                oRly?

Fuck that guy... I was nice about my experience...

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I like the whole "anyone who does something for a lefty is ok in my book" vibe of that post.
                  Now, I'm no lefty, but I'm not unfamiliar with discrimination based on physical attributes.
                  Being on the larger side of the bell-curve, I can never find clothing in my size, for instance.
                  Does that mean I embrace Charles Manson, since he chooses to manufacture socks that are large enough that my feet don't turn into eggplants due to lack of circulation?

hehe
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

ed roman is a honest guy. as for making knockoffs. let me tell you something if a lefty like me wants a joe satriani guitar,or other guitar models not made lefty, i have the right to have one and if ibanez or the other guitar brands want to keep breaking the law and discriminate against lefties, i thank god for someone like ed roman who will make me a similar guitar.just wait till all guitar companies are owned by one person and instead of lefties being discriminated against it will be the righties that has to pay 40 percent extra and certain models wont be able to get because not made for righties, and see how you like it for a change. Then you be thanking someone like ed roman for making what you call cheap knockoffs. Fact its not ed romans fault you have issues with your guitar. also what you think might sound like shit to some, sounds good to others.ed roman doesnt have anything to do with jackson giving him bad product to sell. anybody whos willing to help us lefty guitarist get guitars/basses we dream of even if its a copy then i fully support them and have their back

Ed Roman will sell you a left handed guitar but it will be set up for a right handed player I bet.

Comment

ed roman is a honest guy.
                      Originally posted by nateb View Post
                      oRly?

Fuck that guy... I was nice about my experience...

-Nate
                      You have to remember, Gary Keller is a troll, too.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        You have to remember, Gary Keller is a troll, too.
                        Now how can you say that? Just because Ed is his father-in-law

Comment

Sorry to hear abut your problem Sidk, because that is a truly beautiful guitar. I assume that's the trans red finish, and it looks awesome. Actually I'm really pleased about that because some pictures of the finish I've seen looked a bit too light for my taste but I hoped that was because of camera flash or something. US Jacksons are quite rare in guitar shops here in the UK, but I've seen a trans red SL2H listed on one website. If it looks as good as yours, I'm working all summer and going on a trip to the shop to buy it! :P

As for the problem, I agree with most people in the thread. Send it back to Jackson. They have to honour the warranty and so they should either fix or replace your guitar. It seems like McD is on the case!
                          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Well, if you dont like the tone, change the pups or something. I had the exact same SL2HT except that it was cherry sunburst. Somehow, I always did not like the way it sounded. My $300 DK2T was in par with its tone if not better. And then, I bought a Yellow Bengal SL2HT on the bay! I sold the CSB SL2HT 2 weeks later.

DonP, I know what you mean about the YB Sl2HT. Amazing tone! And feels well constructed too!
                            Sam

Comment

I bet it was a factory second or something.....

I want to hear what happens. with this...

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                DonP, I know what you mean about the YB Sl2HT. Amazing tone! And feels well constructed too!
                                And here I thought mine was a one-off

I was going to PM you on how you are digging yours. I really, really dig the tone I get with mine. I'd seriously consider this being my "desert island" guitar over my Gibsons and other axes.

Comment

Working...
                                X