Losing faith, a rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
    I'm guessing what Sid means by only the high E string sounding like crap is that it is fretting out slightly due to neck warping.
    He said low E. That's why I'm thinking it may just be a dead string.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

RD PM'ed me. I thought I would share

RD, I've never gotten rude with anyone over this guitar and I'm not about to now. I really don't blame Jackson and perhaps not even Fender. I do put the blame on the original authorized Jackson repair facility and a whole bunch on the crew at Ed Romans.

Bud, I'm a dealership auto tech. If some asshole customer comes in and gives me shit then I'm probably not going to give my best effort. On the same token if a customer comes in and has a problem with say their new truck, we as the dealership and the manufacture have a responsibility to repair or replace as needed.

Anyways its a defect. It happens and I understand it. The only thing I'm ticked about is getting the run around and as stated before, and in other threads. It most likely was not a issue with Fender instruments or Jackson as it was little troll and the previous Jackson authorized repair tech(John Taggart from Tagg Guitars).

This new tech is on the ball and I BEG Jackson to keep him around. He is indeed the most genuinely concerned guitar tech I have meet here in Vegas and I've been here almost 48 years.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        He said low E. That's why I'm thinking it may just be a dead string.
        Guys, it's got a terrible fret buzz. Over the time that I have owned this guitar it has been strung with different string and even different gauges to try to eliminate this issue.

Honestly I should have just bought it from Scott or one of the other dealers that frequent here. I was in a hurry to get my dream guitar.
        Last edited by Sidk; 05-02-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

If it didn't take over 6 months to get back, Fender didn't work on it.

Comment

Mr.Roman strikes again!....DonP,she is sweet,is'nt she?....
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
              Sorry to hear abut your problem Sidk, because that is a truly beautiful guitar. I assume that's the trans red finish, and it looks awesome. Actually I'm really pleased about that because some pictures of the finish I've seen looked a bit too light for my taste but I hoped that was because of camera flash or something. US Jacksons are quite rare in guitar shops here in the UK, but I've seen a trans red SL2H listed on one website. If it looks as good as yours, I'm working all summer and going on a trip to the shop to buy it! :P
              Sorry I missed this. Here's a few more pics. Yes as always, Jackson finishes are top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
                Mr.Roman strikes again!....DonP,she is sweet,is'nt she?....
                LOL!

I was going to give you another positive feedback I'm so happy with it

I am truely in love with this axe.

Sidk,

Such a great looking axe. It would be a shame if the issues couldn't be resolved. If all else fails, I've taken axes to Dan Erlewine. He's a master like no other.
                Last edited by DonP; 05-03-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  LOL!

I was going to give you another positive feedback I'm so happy with it

I am truely in love with this axe.

Sidk,

Such a great looking axe. It would be a shame if the issues couldn't be resolved. If all else fails, I've taken axes to Dan Erlewine. He's a master like no other.
                  DonP, Dan was contacted and his price to fix this was a ball park of $500.00. I've sent Dan one of my other guitars and you are correct, craftmanship he does produce. And just to show that I'm not PO'ed, I'm going to order a CS this summer(god willing and the creek don't rise).

Comment

Ok...im an idiot...but could the nut be shimmed at just the 6th and 5th strings? At a slight angle? (as in 1/16th, no more.. would this possibly
                    lift that E string enough? Or would there be intonation problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                      Ok...im an idiot...but could the nut be shimmed at just the 6th and 5th strings? At a slight angle? (as in 1/16th, no more.. would this possibly
                      lift that E string enough? Or would there be intonation problems?
                      It just came back last Wednesday with a new nut from fender. I've had it looked at by at least 5 good techs, all say the neck is twisted. Acording to one tech "there is not enough room for that big ole E string to swing without hitting the frets".

Granted that new nut made a huge difference but still not quite right.

Comment

Pardon the noobish question...but cant a twisted neck be corrected by adjusting the truss rod? what's the difference here? You mean the neck is warped?
                        Sam

Comment

yes, warped. If it was a normal bowing, then he'd be able to adjust. This apparently is a bizarre twist....

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            Pardon the noobish question...but cant a twisted neck be corrected by adjusting the truss rod? what's the difference here? You mean the neck is warped?
                            If you sight down the treble side it has a nice little concave the neck is supposed to have. But if you sight down the bass side the neck twists or humps up about the third fret. You can even put a fret rocker on the third fret and see that its high albeit it not much now. When I first got this guitar and one of the techs stuck a 6" straight edge on the 3rd fret it rocked like a teeter totter.

Oh, were did the CS generator go?

Comment

Found it. I thought it was stickied somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidk View Post
                                Found it. I thought it was stickied somewhere.
                                Sooo..

What's happened. has Jackson responded to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X