RR1 Vs SL1 or SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 Vs SL1 or SL2H

Hi people, iam about to buy my first Jackson, I currently have a ESP Mirage but i cant get confortable with the neck, so witch of these have the softer and fastest neck ?

Iam not realy into the RR's body shape but if it plays better ill giv it a try.

Wich one would you shoose ?

thanks for the help.

I have a 1989 M-1 Custom. The neck is a U shape. My SL2H and RR1's have a C shape, so any should work. I hate fat necks, people say new SL2H's have fatter (than normal Jackson) necks, but I really love my SL2H. Not as thin as my Fusions (thinnest of Jacksons), but it's thinner than my 60s necked LPs. If the RR1's are thinner (a 92 and a 95), then they aren't thinner by very much.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
      King V (KV2) has the fastest neck IMHO.
      Right, that's why I'm possesed from my KV2.
      The neck is the fastest one I've ever played.

Comment

Necks are just tools - one is not "faster" or "softer" than another. They just have different shapes and finishes. Getting "fast" is a playing technique, and you will adjust to whatever neck shape, etc that you're comfortable with.

Personally, I like variety. My favorite is the slim/wide profiles on Charvels. But I also really like the round/fat profiles on PC1s. And I can play anything in-between comfortably.

Besides, the RR1 and SL1/2H models all have the same neck profile. So you're asking about models that have no difference, as far as neck shape is concerned. And, IMHO, the difference between the RR/SL and KV "speed" neck shape is marginal, at best.

Comment

Locrian - when you say a "softer" neck, what do you mean? Are you referring to the shape, the finish or maybe the fretboard wood?
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Go play a few. Everyone has there own taste.

Me I love the feel of the SL2 but I haven't played a KV or PC1. The RR's feel good.

If your like me, its hard to find someplace that carries them all.

Comment

RR1's have nice high fret access and great tone, but they definitely take some getting used to when playing gigs. Really different than holding a Strat style guitar.

SL2H's are probably the "easiest" to play for the majority of people I think.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                Locrian - when you say a "softer" neck, what do you mean? Are you referring to the shape, the finish or maybe the fretboard wood?
                Well when i say softer iam refering to how confortable is the neck on my hands, i realy cant explain, but i have played a late 80's ESP Mirage Custom, and it feels like it helped my left hand to play fluidly, that guitar gave-me de feeling that i could play better than i realy can...

Comment

I've always liked the D shaped ones...better bending at higher frets with lower action.

But I don't think that one neck is faster than another...

Comment

Working...
                  X