Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat big problem... how would you fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Damn! That guitar's just all jacked up everywhere.
    I think I would put most of my effort into seeing if Jackson will back their product. I realize this is an older guitar, but these are not problems associated with age or abuse.
    There seems to be a snowball effect of problems going on here. I believe all of the suggestions on this thread help, but how many band aids can you put on one guitar? As stated, you can slot the trem block to get the springs deeper so you can put the cover on.
    If you still can't get this resolved, PM me. I have alot of experience with Floyds and have built many guitars. www.dobermanguitars.com

Comment

Is the truss rod centered?? If not you'll have to drill another hole in the nut or epoxy it down. That thing should have never left the factory.

Comment

No, the truss isnt centered. Its .14" off center.

Im not doing any bandaids or modifying the guitar in any way... the last "repair" attempt didnt work (at the request of the seller), so its going to go back to the original owner who can luckily still send it in for warranty work.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Sounds like the best idea. Good to know there are responsible sellers out there. Best of luck on your next buy.

Comment

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear of the issue.

I was thinking maybe a little of the wood could be routed out, then replaced with a new solid piece, with a groove cut for the truss. Hopefully that would give enough bite for the screws to hold. I would also maybe widen the screw hole on the left side of the lock so you could move your screw over to the left a bit.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

how about an older lockin nut that has the mounting holes thru the neck.

Comment

another dud...Another example of warning to second hand purchasers who cant inspect the build quality before buying. At least brand new you can send back. for fixing.
                RobRR
                If you can send it back, send it back.. job done, then buy a new one. Itll always bug you otherwise.
                either that or drill some new holes in the nut plate to fix to neck. Screw holes in neck can be filled with a matchstick / toothpick + bit of glue (as prev suggested). It works a treat (it does on the house anyway)

Comment

Rob, it's been almost 2 months....... Any new news? I'd NEVER sell a guitar in that condition. That's seriously shady.
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I've done a lot of repairs but I couldn't think of a good way around this particular problem. It's bad, it makes the guitar worthless, unless you block the trem.

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                      I've done a lot of repairs but I couldn't think of a good way around this particular problem. It's bad, it makes the guitar worthless, unless you block the trem.
                      Yeah right!?! I still can't see how anyone could own that guitar and not notice an issue as serious as this before selling it. The only way that could happen is if the guy A) never played it. B) was selling it for someone else C) knows nothing of guitars OR D) is just trying to rip someone off to just wash their hands of it.

Honestly, it sounds to me like they tried to fix it themselves, and when it didn't work tried to send it back for warranty service. However when they tried to fix it themselves by drilling and the "sideways" dowel they therefore voided the lifetime warranty. Unbelievable what some people will do......
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

How about telling us who the seller was so no one else gets screwed over by this maggot. It's rather obvious that whoever it was had to have known about the issues.

Comment

This does indeed seem like a raw deal. Please let us know who it is so no one else gets screwed.
                          You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                          You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                          --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                          --horns666 - 12/29/08
                          I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                          --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                            How about telling us who the seller was so no one else gets screwed over by this maggot. It's rather obvious that whoever it was had to have known about the issues.
                            Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                            This does indeed seem like a raw deal. Please let us know who it is so no one else gets screwed.
                            Ever know what it's like to be trapped between a rock and a hard place? Sometimes telling the whole tale in a forum can cause you even more headaches.......

...unless it's an open one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                              Nobody got screwed over. The seller took the guitar back; he didn't know there was an issue and didn't have any problem with it before. He'll have it fixed by Jackson, trust me.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool to know. I retract my maggot statement if that's the case. I still don't understand how the seller could not have known though...those are some pretty obvious flaws than anyone with any type of guitar aptitude should easily see.

Comment

Working...
                                X