Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat big problem... how would you fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rob has Jeremy made things right yet? I hope you get this worked out.

Comment

All of the "here's how I would fix it's" are why it is frightening to buy a guitar online. Anyone paying good money for an instrument deserves something that is right. If it has been repaired, it should be done right - not jerry-rigged.
      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
      --horns666 - 12/29/08
      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
        All of the "here's how I would fix it's" are why it is frightening to buy a guitar online. Anyone paying good money for an instrument deserves something that is right. If it has been repaired, it should be done right - not jerry-rigged.
        EXACTLY! You get it. Im not rigging this guitar in any way, shape, or form.

And the guitar is still sittin here.. no word yet.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          EXACTLY! You get it. Im not rigging this guitar in any way, shape, or form.

And the guitar is still sittin here.. no word yet.
          Anything yet Rob?
          USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
          USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

The guitar is at Jackson... has been there for a while. I know absolutley nothing at this point, I have no idea whats goin on.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

This is one of the reasons that I am a Bolt On Neck Guy! Trying to fix this type of problem can be somewhat tough or even impossible! I like the my RR's and Soloists, but I have to say..... The bolt ons are so easy!
              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                Guys, its a used guitar...

Used guitar or not, that is a stupid manufacturing mistake. If you have the build tag make sure you include so they know whos check to take the repair out of. That is just plain sloppy.

Comment

Wow, this takes me back to my beloved (cough) GMW! Like has been pointed out, why does this guitar not have a proper shelf for the nut. My GMW is like this and effed up too.

Here's a pic of how it was.

On a guitar I paid a lot of money for new and waited two years it should have been fixed properly by Lee but it never was. He put in a bigger screw or something, but with it's other issues it was worth putting a whole new fretboard on locally and getting on.

I am VERY interested to see how Jackson deal with this, as GMW showed their true colours with my guitar, which was a bolt on, so I wanted a new neck, but no go there.

Comment

Oh shit I think I remember that, isnt that where they laminated the fretboard?

Comment

Yes, that's the one, but don't worry, I'm sure Jackson didn't do anything like that in this case. The lack of a shelf for the nut is interesting and a worry at the same time. Until my stuffed up GMW I had not seen under a nut where you could see the rod. Like you said, nothing out of Japan would be like this.

Another point, I have a different guitar where the spring cavity cover won't fit because of the angles involved. It was unexpected, but not a worry as I bought the guitar quite cheap to do a complete refin on so we'll probably route the cavity a bit deeper to fix it, along with a few other issues it has. Plays quite well as it is but is rough around the edges. It was built by a guy in the US trying to become a guitar builder. He did better than I would, but it's not quite top notch work. I just found the link to the build, check it out.

http://www.tjmonster.com/trev.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X