Warranty card question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty card question

Recently I got a brand new RR1 from an authorized Jackson dealer and it was advertised as being sold with full factory warranty. I go to fill out the card only to find that there isn't one in the case. Booklet, tools, inspection tag all there but no warranty card. So I call the dealer to request one and he says that they no longer come with cards, that if there is an issue I just take it up with him. Sounds a little fishy to me. It seems that it would make sense to have it registered for reasons of proof of ownership and in case the dealer is no longer around down the road.

Anyone else hear of such a thing regarding no warranty cards? I have a feeling they are blowing smoke up my ass and I'm going to be pissed if that's the case.
    Last edited by Tonelover; 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM.

My latest Charvel came with the owner's manual/warranty booklet but there was no card to fill out. I actually don't remember seeing any cards to fill out with any of my guitars and all of mine are new. Based on some of the current threads it wouldn't do you much good anyway.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I filled my warranty card out on my SL2H but I was told by a fender customer service rep that they do not keep the warranty cards anyway. He said just make sure you hang on to your receipt.

Comment

I doubt very much that having a card or not would make any difference. As long as you bought it when the lifetime warranty was in effect, and could prove it.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I'll give Fender a call on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            I doubt very much that having a card or not would make any difference. As long as you bought it when the lifetime warranty was in effect, and could prove it.
            I was asked to send in my card and a copy of the receipt when mine was sent back in last month.

Mine came with just the upper half of the card.

Comment

My new RR1 in Feb did not have warranty card.

Mr Hiwatt
              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
              RR1 Black
              RR1 Blue ghost flames
              Stealth EX
              Hamer Studio
              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Working...
              X