Black DR srings on My KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black DR srings on My KV2

I'm so glad that I didn't sell this thing. It's really grown on me.

I just had to learn that new jacksons are a little different then the older ones.

This one was made by assembled by KM, Neck Dress was by JC, wired by "my local Luthier".

KG did the final inspection.

and I must say that they did an excellent job on this fine guitar.. I love it!

Oh, and I put some black DR strings on it..It looks great with black strings!

Those black DR strings are really nice. I usually use them but none of the local shops seem to carry them anymore so I have to special order them and wait a month for them to come in. Nice BGF by the way. It looks so awesome on King V's.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      Those black DR strings are really nice. I usually use them but none of the local shops seem to carry them anymore so I have to special order them and wait a month for them to come in. Nice BGF by the way. It looks so awesome on King V's.

Thx Ben

Are there any good guitar stores in Sask?

Comment

I have those same socks.

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
          I have those same socks.
          My theory is that there are only a few sock factories, and all socks are made in them.

Or, maybe I took you socks, when you weren't looking. Lurking in the laundry mat,, just waiting for the moment to strike..

Comment

very nice
            http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ONCHARVEL3.jpg

PLAYING JACKSON/CHARVEL GUITARS SINS 1991
            MY WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION:
            1990 USA JACKSON FUSION METALLIC ELECT.BLUE
            1993 USA JACKSON RANDY RHOADS BLACK
            2007 JACKSON WARRIOR XT BLACK
            1990-91 CHARVEL PREDATOR BLACK
            1993 FENDER HEARTFIELD TALON 2 FROST MET.RD
            http://www.myspace.com/seryoga71

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
              I have those same socks.
              Dish water spots and all :ROTF:

Comment

These DR Extra Life strings are awesome! I have reds on my red RR PRO atm and they have the best feeling of all coated strings!! (and I tried Elixir, Cleartone and Galli Procoated...are there even any others??). The only bad point is that the color wears off pretty quickly on the place where you pick the strings...atleast with the way I shred. So I just bought few packs of these DR Extra Life strings in silver color...hopefully they will feel/sound the same, but look like the normal strings and won't wear off.

Killer KV2!

Comment

Nice !! I too love these DR's... i have the ruby reds, on 2 of my EVH's..
                  Blue Peacocks on the Charvel HRF... Black beauties, on this Ibanhad..
                  and also on the Jackson Flamed DKMG. Im trying to find "Green"...but
                  i have Gold..red, blue..and black (6 packs) waiting for my next string
                  change. I like em!

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                    Rudy Sarzo called... he wants his strap back!

The rug owns as well..

Guitar looks killer bro!
                    :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                      These DR Extra Life strings are awesome! I have reds on my red RR PRO atm and they have the best feeling of all coated strings!! (and I tried Elixir, Cleartone and Galli Procoated...are there even any others??). The only bad point is that the color wears off pretty quickly on the place where you pick the strings...atleast with the way I shred. So I just bought few packs of these DR Extra Life strings in silver color...hopefully they will feel/sound the same, but look like the normal strings and won't wear off.

Killer KV2!
                      I've foind that the silver ones feel allot different than the coated ones in such a way as that the silver ones feel more slinky, and give a slightly different sound.

Red ones on your RR Pro? We need pictures!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        Nice !! I too love these DR's... i have the ruby reds, on 2 of my EVH's..
                        Blue Peacocks on the Charvel HRF... Black beauties, on this Ibanhad..
                        and also on the Jackson Flamed DKMG. Im trying to find "Green"...but
                        i have Gold..red, blue..and black (6 packs) waiting for my next string
                        change. I like em!

Wow, I didn't know there were that many colors..

Red and gold would look awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                          I've foind that the silver ones feel allot different than the coated ones in such a way as that the silver ones feel more slinky, and give a slightly different sound.
                          But they are still coated, right? Just with some clear coat I guess. Slinky feel is awesome .

Here's a couple of pics:

I should have taken more, but forgot....and now I can't cause the red is worn from the strings.

Comment

Wow,,that's such a beautiful guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                              Rudy Sarzo called... he wants his strap back!

HAHA! I have that same strap on my guitarexpress bullseye pointy. Too over the top? I dont think so! Freakin gnarly. Killer V dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X