KV2 neck Vs. Carvin neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 neck Vs. Carvin neck

I was wondering, what is the difference between the 2 neck profiles?

Thanks for the help
    Alon

The modern era Carvin neck profile is considerably "fatter" than today's KV2 neck. It's still very playable and comfortable, but noticeably fatter. The KV2 feels more sleek, it's Jackson's "Speed neck". However, 1989 Carvins have super thin and fairly narrow profiles. I have a pair of X220's from 1991 and a couple of DC models from the late 80's and they are much more "slender" than today's Carvins.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yep, true. Current Carvin's neck profile is somewhat similar to a tipical 1960 neck by Gibson, just a little thinner. Very comfortable, but not the typical shred neck.

Comment

My 2002 SC90 has a neck very similar to the "speed neck" profile, pretty much the same as what was on my old Charvel '87 Model 6 and '88 Model 5A.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not aware about the current Jackson's neck profile, but my 94 Usa Jackson Dinky neck is wwwaaayyy much thinner and, uh?, "shreddy" than my Carvin's neck. I have four Carvins and they where made in 2002/2004 period, so I don't really know how was the neck's profile in the nineties, but I have a mint '94 DC127 that I won from ebay in transit frrma California to Italy, so I'll keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
          X