No announcement yet.

Did I get a problem SL2H??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only issue I have notice is it's buzzing on the low E which caused me to look closer. Will this impact resale value?

I sent a PM to McD to see what he thought.
    Last edited by titan7; 05-07-2008, 11:00 PM.
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Comment

If I could, I would return it.
      If you paid through paypal, and as long as the auction terms didn't say "No Returns" you can file a dispute. Even better is if you paid with a CC through Paypal...File the dispute with the CC company. Try and work it out with the seller first. But if they won't budge and you feel you can't live with the defect, file the dispute.

Comment

Yea, I did use paypal and American Express. I am waiting to hear back from McD to see if there is an option. The local Jackson Tech said he can not make it look factory new. I sent an email to the seller, but I have not got a reply regarding solutions. Amex said they could open a dispute and to do one with PP also and they would get the $$ back since the are "issues" are on this guitar cosmetic or not. I just wish I played this a little more so I would have noticed this earlier. I am going to give it a couple days. Several have said no big but I don't think many people on this board would have purchase this the knowing about the build issue with the nut. I could always sell it but with disclosure how much would I be able to get out of it?? What would you pay for a cosmetic build issue like this on an overwise mint great sounding guitar, if I can get rid of the fret buzz.

Oh what to do...
        Last edited by titan7; 05-08-2008, 09:19 PM.
        750XL Cherry Sunburst
        375DX Metallic black
        Model 2 blue
        Model 2 Red
        Gibson Les Pauls
        PRS SC-250

Comment

Cosmetic or not, its a flaw present that shouldnt be there on a guitar of that caliber... I know exactly how you feel. I hope your seller, like mine, is willing to work with you.

Companies need to realize that if theyre going to charge a premium price for their products, then they had better be up to par. That guitar shouldnt have left the factory like that, no excuses.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Return it, if possible, to the seller. If it's defective, and he didn't know, well...that's his problem. Don't be stuck with a defective guitar that has no warranty.

I bought 2 SL2H's online, and while I love em...the first one had a misaligned Floyd that required over four months of waiting to get repaired via Jackson (it was new, under warranty from an authorized dealer). The second one had a few neck imperfections, but the trem was fine...but it looks like it had the SAME type of fix done as my first one, so this was probably a warranty return as well.

I got these at a good price, certainly not over 2000 dollars...so I didn't mind the extra work to get them to play great. But my advice is to NOT hesitate on the repair or replacement...I didn't listen to the first people telling me to return it, thinking I could get used to the imperfection...I didn't.

Hope it works out for you!

Comment

Thanks, I am going to give the seller another day to respond to me. The auction says sold as is.

The discription did not say anything about the nut/headstock. I asked some questions about scuffs, dents, straight neck? The reply was "the neck is straight, no other issues".
              I believe he said he been playing for 30 yrs and has other Jacksons/Charvels. Is it reasonable to think this would have been noticed? I noticed the second time I played it.

I am asking as I want to do the right thing here, as I am a believer in Karma. If you guys feel I am out of line to pursue a dispute based on the ad and the responses to questions. Then perhaps it's just bad luck for me. I just can't believe a "player" would not have noticed the nut and truss rod cover.

I mean I paid $1450 which is a good price for a Mint SL2H MAH, what's it worth with disclosure of the nut, binding shelf and headstock TRC issues? I guess I would need to find a buyer would not be bothered by a cosmetic build defect?

Would you buy it?

Thanks again for any advice.
              Last edited by titan7; 05-09-2008, 01:45 AM.
              750XL Cherry Sunburst
              375DX Metallic black
              Model 2 blue
              Model 2 Red
              Gibson Les Pauls
              PRS SC-250

Comment

Oh wow, I didnt realize this was that SL2H MAH! I came VERY close to buying that one but I got the Chlorine instead!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

so what's it worth?
                  750XL Cherry Sunburst
                  375DX Metallic black
                  Model 2 blue
                  Model 2 Red
                  Gibson Les Pauls
                  PRS SC-250

Comment

Hard to say... though its really only cosmetic, its still there... Would bother some, wouldnt bother others. I would have bought it if said defects were disclosed, for somewhere around $1100-1200.

Comment

What to do...
                      750XL Cherry Sunburst
                      375DX Metallic black
                      Model 2 blue
                      Model 2 Red
                      Gibson Les Pauls
                      PRS SC-250

Comment