NGD - 'relic'ed 1991 USA Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    "Mojo" mumbojumbo aside, you wouldn't get much for the body since it has to have the 24 fret shortscale neck, and those are hard to find.
    Newc has a point. Whoever buys the body would have to either luck onto another Fusion neck, or have one made.

I like it just the way it is, pickguard and all.

If you get bored with it and need to move it on, let me know!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

For sure, clean it up and see how it plays, I wouldn't go making a project out of it yet it could be gold already!

Comment

a little oil on the hardware, a toothbrush, some lemon oil and a scrub on the neck, polish the frets... dude... that guitar doesn't need anything more then a good setup and some TLC. remindes me a lot of this ESP model that I loved the look of.

I agree with what was said above, don't change it... if anything, have the body restored.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          "Mojo" mumbojumbo aside, you wouldn't get much for the body since it has to have the 24 fret shortscale neck, and those are hard to find.
          I respectfully disagree. I've had a 24 fret Fusion neck on a KE3 body (bought it off of ebay that way) and it intonated perfectly. I don't see why the reverse wouldn't be possible - a 24 fret long scale neck on this body.

Comment

Got it cleaned up! I still want an aftermarket body, but that can wait for now.

Here's my thread on HC detailing the whole process. It's pic heavy, so fair warning.

This is actually the look I kind of want now - the white stripe is slightly yellowed to go with the aged binding on my neck. I think it looks refined without being too graphic-y or obnoxious. It'll probably be broader or have accompanying thin stripes on each side, too.

Comment

I thought I was lazy about restringing my FR but that's ridiculous.

:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
              X