New here and have a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and have a ?

I have been trying to get my kelly USA fixed off and on for about 4 years and keep getting the run around. I talked to the guy at the place that I bought it through and he said he was going to try and talk to them and see what they can do, but he hasn't delt with them in a while since his rep quit and they haven't assigned him anyone else. I have had the guitar for 9 years and it has never intonated. I sent it to the custom shop and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong, just climate or something. I still had problems after having my friend tweak as best as he could. I sent it back again and the guy said he adjusted the neck and a couple of small things and that was all he knew to do to it. I didn't know at the time that USA models were under lifetime warranty so I pretty much gave up. My friend had since gone to luthier school and really understood guitars and looked into it further and found that the cavity for the trem had not been cut out far enough back to fit the scale length of the guitar. Basically you would have to fill in the cavity cut the cavity out again, but it is a translucent black flame finish and it wouldn't look the same. I gave up and settled because the custom shop either didn't want to deal with it or didn't know what they were doing. Now that I know that it should be under warranty. I have come to realize I can't remember if I sent in the warranty. I really would like to get this resolved. It has driven me crazy for almost 10 years. A 1500.00 guitar that I can't enjoy playing. Will the warranty kill me or what do I need to do?

Signed: Desperation

Love the site by the way, wish I had seen it a long time ago
    Last edited by tas9195; 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM.

If you're the original owner and you bought it from an authorized dealer (find that receipt), the warranty is still valid.
    This also depends on if any "unauthorized work" or modifications have been made.
    This could void the warranty.

In short, you still be covered if you haven't altered the guitar and still have you receipt. Take it to an authorized dealer and/or repair center and submit a warranty claim.
    You may have to point out what you think the issue is. This gives the tech a place to start.
    -Rick

Comment

What trem is on it? If it's got an Original Floyd on it, it might need a Schaller. The Schaller has inserted knife edges that keep it a little more away from the posts and should help a little with intonation.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Bro, This is a little complicated, but I'll try to help best as I can...

The Limited Lifetime Warranty covers Jackson and Charvel Guitars sold at retail in the year 2000 and on. If this is older, it's out of warranty...

However, I recommend that you take it to an authorized service center and explain your freinds findings and have him contact Jacksons customer service and start a dialog.

Good Luck!

Mike.

Originally posted by tas9195 View Post
        I have been trying to get my kelly USA fixed off and on for about 4 years and keep getting the run around. I talked to the guy at the place that I bought it through and he said he was going to try and talk to them and see what they can do, but he hasn't delt with them in a while since his rep quit and they haven't assigned him anyone else. I have had the guitar for 9 years and it has never intonated. I sent it to the custom shop and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong, just climate or something. I still had problems after having my friend tweak as best as he could. I sent it back again and the guy said he adjusted the neck and a couple of small things and that was all he knew to do to it. I didn't know at the time that USA models were under lifetime warranty so I pretty much gave up. My friend had since gone to luthier school and really understood guitars and looked into it further and found that the cavity for the trem had not been cut out far enough back to fit the scale length of the guitar. Basically you would have to fill in the cavity cut the cavity out again, but it is a translucent black flame finish and it wouldn't look the same. I gave up and settled because the custom shop either didn't want to deal with it or didn't know what they were doing. Now that I know that it should be under warranty. I have come to realize I can't remember if I sent in the warranty. I really would like to get this resolved. It has driven me crazy for almost 10 years. A 1500.00 guitar that I can't enjoy playing. Will the warranty kill me or what do I need to do?

Signed: Desperation

Love the site by the way, wish I had seen it a long time ago

Comment

Thanks guys, I do still have the reciept. It is still as when I bought it. I bought it in 99 though. Hopefully the fact that I tried previously to get it fixed will help being that it is older. Thanks for the help guys. I will post some pics of it just for the heck of it in a day or so.

Comment

Lifetime warranty? My USA Soloist's warranty card says the warranty is limited to one year after purchase...I bought it last year. I just used the warranty to fix a misaligned trem.

Where are you guys getting the lifetime warranty idea from? I'd like to be wrong, this time!...sure would be great if the warranty is lifetime!

Comment

Here is a generated version of what my dream kelly would look like just for grins and thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by atarilovesyou View Post
                Lifetime warranty? My USA Soloist's warranty card says the warranty is limited to one year after purchase...I bought it last year. I just used the warranty to fix a misaligned trem.

Where are you guys getting the lifetime warranty idea from? I'd like to be wrong, this time!...sure would be great if the warranty is lifetime!

Here's the policy for the limited lifetime warranty, which went into effect when Fender took over in '02:

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Comment

Sounds like a crock to me. I read in another thread that usa models were under a lifetime warranty. I guess maybe they don't know what they are talking about. Still I think if you spend that kind of money on something you should get that kind of quality and the fact that I couldn't get any kind of help makes me feel like they don't give a sh*t about there customers. If I can't get this fixed I will never buy another Jackson even if they were the only guitar manufacturer left on earth. I will write a small story about my problem and the way it was handled and post it everywhere I can think of (websites, forums, myspace and wherever else I can think of) Taking care of your CUSTOMers should be priority one and so far it hasn't been. I hope I am not out of line here but I am a little pissed off right now. I feel like if they don't fix this that they scammed into buying worthless product.

Comment

Working...
                  X