Picture request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture request

Can anyone here who owns a KV2 post a side shot of the guitar?

Thanks for your time
    Alon

I went through the entire thread (and not for the first time), but I couldnt find a sideways pic.

I am trying to find out whether the KV2 has an angles neck or a raised fingerboard.

If anyone could just tell me that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Alon

Comment

The neck is pretty much level, if there is any angle it's extremely small.. Nothing like a Kahler angle or T.O.M.

Comment

If the KV2 has a recessed Cut-out for the Floyd, there would be no need for a neck angle. But, on the non-recessed KV's or tune-o-matic type bridge, there would need to be a 1-2 degree neck angle.

Comment

By reecessed, do you mean that the floyd can go back and forward, or is it deeper then the minimum recess, in order to compensate for the neck angle, if that makes sense?

Comment

Recessed has a large route under the fine tuners and screws that lock the strings to the saddles. Non-recessed is basically just a normal strat type route. The picture of the strat shows a non-recessed whereas the Vee is recessed. Both configurations can be set to allow pull ups or dive bombs.

Comment

So if the bridge is recessed, like on a KV2, i should need to create a neck angle or anything like that, right?

I am going to use a Carvin neck through neck and try an recreated a KV2 (though bigger and with a different headstock)

Comment

Recessed floyd= No neck angle

Non-recessed/T.O.M/Kahler= Neck angle

Not sure of the exact angle, but the neck drop at the nut is around 3/8" (I think)

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a neckdrop?

Also
                  Will i be able to just buy a carvin neckthrough neck, glue the wings and mount the floyd (not that simply, obviously)? or will i have to carve it so its lower or something?

Comment

Buy a Carvin neck and stick what ever you want to it and it'll work...

When I said neck drop, what I mean is, if you had the guitar laying flat on it's back, the nut would be closer to the floor than the 24th fret by about 3/8", get it?

Comment

takes alot of work to build a guitar, huh?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                        Buy a Carvin neck and stick what ever you want to it and it'll work...

When I said neck drop, what I mean is, if you had the guitar laying flat on it's back, the nut would be closer to the floor than the 24th fret by about 3/8", get it?
                        That's what I thought it mean, but where does it come from if there is no neck angle?

Comment

Originally posted by Chapov View Post
                          That's what I thought it mean, but where does it come from if there is no neck angle?
                          The headstock is angled back, not the neck itself.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapov View Post

If your floyd is recessed into the body then you don't need a neck angle because the hight comes from the fretboard thickness and frets and you can put your floyd as low as you want.

Comment

Working...
                            X