• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy...splain somthin to me? KE-2.. KE-3

Seems that the KE-2 is a USA model, yes? But on the Bay i see a
    KE-3...that the headstock says "Made in the USA" For $999.00
    New! Isnt this a good price for a USA Kelly? Or is a KE-3 always
    an import?

If it's USA, then it's not a KE-3. Unless someone put a DK-1 neck on a KE-3 body, the seller just wrote the wrong model number.

Comment

KE-2 is neck-thru USA, ebony board with MOP sharkfins and binding. KE-3 is bolt-on import, rosewood board with MOTO inlays and no binding.

This guy has obviously taken a pic of another USA headstock and put it in the auction, so it's very misleading. You can see the sticker on the back of the neck which indicates it's made in Japan.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        KE-2 is neck-thru USA, ebony board with MOP sharkfins and binding. KE-3 is bolt-on import, rosewood board with MOTO inlays and no binding.

This guy has obviously taken a pic of another USA headstock and put it in the auction, so it's very misleading. You can see the sticker on the back of the neck which indicates it's made in Japan.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Jackson-Kell...QQcmdZViewItem
        ** Thats why i love this place! Thanks For a USA i was going to jump
        on it for a grand!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          ** Thats why i love this place! Thanks For a USA i was going to jump
          on it for a grand!
          Yeah, he doesn't say it's USA in the auction, but that headstock pic is definitely misleading. Ask him about it and see what he says.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you look closely at the picture of the whole guitar you can see that it doesn't say made in USA on the headstock there, it only appears on the picture of the headstock on its own. The picture of the headstock must be of another guitar.
            I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Scam

Wow!!! What a scam,that "made in USA" on the headstock,when you can clearly see the "made in Japan" sticker on the neck/heel area. WTF?
              Fraud!!!!

Proud to say that myself have never bought anything from feebay. Hey Robert,good thing you asked about this Jackson.Glad your not the "Victim" in this case.
              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

There is a brand new no reserve black KE2 on the bay. It's at $1035 right now.

Comment

I lol'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                    Wow!!! What a scam,that "made in USA" on the headstock,when you can clearly see the "made in Japan" sticker on the neck/heel area. WTF?
                    Fraud!!!!

Proud to say that myself have never bought anything from feebay. Hey Robert,good thing you asked about this Jackson.Glad your not the "Victim" in this case.
                    Ive done the "Bay" thing about 4 times..and everytime so far... great
                    transactions. But your right...theres always a first time! I would get this
                    Japan KE-3 if it were around $750.00 I still like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X