Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway

I thought I'd teach you a little fun-fact. I live in Norway. Norway is an expensive country to live in. And the price for guitars is WAY different here then in beautiful U.S.A.

An example:
    I can get a RR1 for $1850 new. That is about 9600NOK (Norske kroner/Norwegian crowns)

In Norway I have to pay 28 000NOK. That is $5385. ($1 = 5,2NOK)

How ridiculous is that?

Now for the fun part...

If I buy the RR1 from the USA, import it to Norway, with shipping and taxes it still cost only 14000NOK ($2692).

Guess where I buy guitars...
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Tone,
    I will be teaching in Skien at the end of July. I will be hanging in Oslo a few days as well. I love Norway, beautiful country with killer appreciation for good music.
    Mike
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
      I thought I'd teach you a little fun-fact. I live in Norway. Norway is an expensive country to live in. And the price for guitars is WAY different here then in beautiful U.S.A.

An example:
      I can get a RR1 for $1850 new. That is about 9600NOK (Norske kroner/Norwegian crowns)

In Norway I have to pay 28 000NOK. That is $5385. ($1 = 5,2NOK)

How ridiculous is that?

Now for the fun part...

If I buy the RR1 from the USA, import it to Norway, with shipping and taxes it still cost only 14000NOK ($2692).

Guess where I buy guitars...
      It's about time you guys ditch the crown and go for the euro
      Then I can plan my holidays easier without having to worry about exchange rates

Comment

It's pretty much the same all over Europe, I think. I know firsthand that the price is about the same in Denmark, Germany, UK, and France. I've imported 3 of my 4 USA Jackson from the US and the last one I got in a trade. Funny, with the low Dollar, you can actually buy guitars in the US at a price that's about the same as the resale value here in Denmark! How about that.

Comment

Yeah, but the price of booze in Norway!
          And lutefisk! eugh...
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
            Tone,
            I will be teaching in Skien at the end of July. I will be hanging in Oslo a few days as well. I love Norway, beautiful country with killer appreciation for good music.
            Mike
            I love my country, don't get me wrong. It's just that thanks to U.S.A., I can have killer guitars. I've had a PC1, a SL2H-MAH and a RR3, all bought from the USA, and I've sold them without losing money. I love both countries.
            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '13 Gibson M-III
            Taylor 214CE
            Dean 6-string Bass
            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Im in sweden, same problem here (still not as expensive as Norway, cause Norway is expensiveer than fuck!).
              I hae bought over 5 guitars from the US, i play them until i get tired of them, and then i can sell them over her for a profit!
              How about that
              Tell me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
                Im in sweden, same problem here (still not as expensive as Norway, cause Norway is expensiveer than fuck!).
                I hae bought over 5 guitars from the US, i play them until i get tired of them, and then i can sell them over her for a profit!
                How about that
                Really? Over here the going rate for a used USA Jackson is about 8000-9000 kr., which is also what a new one costs in the US.

Comment

a USA Jackson should beworth a lot moore than 8-9k!
                  That's like a robery :S
                  Tell me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
                    a USA Jackson should beworth a lot moore than 8-9k!
                    That's like a robery :S
                    Yeah, but the demand is not so high at the moment.

Comment

I go to Norway every year, and i actually never thought it was really expencive (Holland is about equal, if you know where to shop in Norway), tho, when i started playing guitar 2 years ago... my opinion on Norway being reasonable priced went... well... down Yeeezzz, guitars are expencive there!
                      '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Comment

Working...
                      X