X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom guitar question

I know this may sound dumb
    but I have been looking into the thought of a custom guitar
    and was wondering. So anything you think of they will do?
    Thinking mainly in the area of custom graphics for the body or custom inlays

Comment

I am mainly getting out here is as long as you are willing to pay more for it they will do it
      right?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

I seriously almost said "cock dragon!" BUt I thought that it would not be apropriate.

But since you started it..

:ROTF:

Comment

No, they won't do anything just as long as you pay. You can get creative with colors/electronics/bridges/wood, etc., but they do have body shape/inlay restrictions as it relates to guitars from other manufacturers.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Yeah, you'll have to stick with the standard Jackson body styles, but other than that they will be willing to do most things you could ask for if you're willing to pay. In terms of custom inlays, they should do what you want as long as they think it is possible to physically do, and for finishes, one of the options on the order form is for customer supplied artwork. That will probably add a lot to the price, but they should be able to do most graphics.
            I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Zsrinn View Post
              Thinking mainly in the area of custom graphics for the body or custom inlays

Which post are you guys reading? He specifically states "mainly in the area of custom graphics for the body or custom inlays". Nothing about body shapes.

Anyhoo, yes, as long as the artwork is not copyrighted (Mickey Mouse, RoadRunner, comic books, etc) OR if you can obtain the permi$$ion$ required, then you can have anything painted on it or carved out as inlays. That includes photographs, especially of celebrities.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Which post are you guys reading? He specifically states "mainly in the area of custom graphics for the body or custom inlays". Nothing about body shapes.

Anyhoo, yes, as long as the artwork is not copyrighted (Mickey Mouse, RoadRunner, comic books, etc) OR if you can obtain the permi$$ion$ required, then you can have anything painted on it or carved out as inlays. That includes photographs, especially of celebrities.
                I thought his second post was broader in scope.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

I got my question answered thanks guys
                  things like if I was gonna do one for Zeus I would want to put lightning bolt inlays or lightning on the entire fretboard
                  thats

Comment

Working...
                  X