No announcement yet.

Finaly Complete KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the comments it is much appreciated. I started on it just around Christmas time. I was going to pay to have it done by someone else. I did not want my first guitar paint effort to be a USA Jackson model. But in the end it turned out very well. I had a lot of good advice from people on the forum. I would say the prep work and the paint application took me about 4 days so two weekends in between beers and my honey do lists LOL.. I spent a lot more time one the sanding and polishing of the clear coat. I actually applied 3 coats of clear sanded and applied two more coats I find it gives the paint more depth on a car and it worked well on the KV2 as well. The hardware was a waiting point it seemed like I waited forever to get the Original Floyd in Gold from Wormoth. But it finally came and it took my tech awhile to get it all back together because of the parts wait. In the end it is a SWEET guitar and I have put a few hours on it since friday

Comment

This is a couple of pics of the KV2 I took after I removed the hardware before i started refinishing. It is hard to belive someone can make a 2005 model look this bad this fast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
          Thanks for all the comments it is much appreciated. I started on it just around Christmas time. I was going to pay to have it done by someone else. I did not want my first guitar paint effort to be a USA Jackson model. But in the end it turned out very well. I had a lot of good advice from people on the forum. I would say the prep work and the paint application took me about 4 days so two weekends in between beers and my honey do lists LOL.. I spent a lot more time one the sanding and polishing of the clear coat. I actually applied 3 coats of clear sanded and applied two more coats I find it gives the paint more depth on a car and it worked well on the KV2 as well. The hardware was a waiting point it seemed like I waited forever to get the Original Floyd in Gold from Wormoth. But it finally came and it took my tech awhile to get it all back together because of the parts wait. In the end it is a SWEET guitar and I have put a few hours on it since friday

Nice!!! What kind of auto paint and how many coats of primer,color and clear did you apply?

Comment

wow
            I mean
            wow

*speechless*

Comment

Thanks Nova

Comment

Working...
              X