Is Absinthe Frost "cool"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Absinthe Frost "cool"?

I am going to be ordering an RR1T from a local dealer and he says my first choices of Agent Orange or Acopulco Gold will most likely not be available until October. My third choice was Absinthe Frost but I wasn't feeling it like the other two colors. Now I'm tempted to buck up the extra cash for a trans red or blue.

Should I just go with the AF and be happy or should I go for the trans? (Assuming they would also be more readily available...)
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

This is a 100% subjective question!

Comment

Well to start with, I'd really recomend looking at buying from a dealer in the US. The prices that I've seen for new USA Jackson are just stupid, and I'm damn sure I've seen Agent Orange and Acopulco Gold RRs on-line....

Having said that in case you're interested and while it's not 'your' colour, the new L&M had a Bengal RR1 for $1500.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I haven't seen an A-Frost in person, but from the photos I've seen, I think they look pretty unique. Could definitely grow on me.

But for that kind of cabbage, don't do it if you feel like you're 'settling'.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Order the color you really want, and then wait.

Comment

They're all cool colors. Get the one that looks best to you.

Agent Orange

Absinthe Frost

Acapulco Gold

Darby Green is awesome, too. My favorite!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the info Neilli, the price is decent there and I think the bengals are cool but I really want a "T". Not really interested in the Floyd though.

I know it's totally subjective and I do like the AF finish myself but if 30 people instantly chimed in with a DON'T DO IT! then I would think I was crazy hehe. I just know I'm not a plain white or black guitar guy.

I am ordering local because I am financing the guitar with the dealer and have a good rapport with the person at the dealership. knowing the L&M price may help me squeeze him a little more though.

Also, waiting is not an option for me. It's my birthday next month and this guitar is my gift to myself. I'm totally not patient enough to wait until October for one to come in hehe.
              Last edited by Hellbat; 05-28-2008, 09:08 PM.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No worries - I like AF, but the Apopulco Gold really looks awful to me!

Waiting may not be an option because of your birthday, but then there's no point compromising too much is there? Especially when you're probably paying $2200 or so....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The dealer is getting me under $2k but not by much. Looking at the pics Toejam posted I like the AF the best actually so that helps. It's hard to find decent pics of the new colors. The Darby Green is nice in those too, all the other pics I've seen it looks much darker.

What I really need to do is have a fortune left to me by a distant reliative so I can get one of each. :ROTF:
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

As far as the trans red goes, I just got word from Matt's Music that the RR1 in Trans Red I ordered arrived today and I'll have it in hand tomorrow. Will definitely post some pictures and give my impressions tomorrow evening. I have a trans blue and a trans green, so far they're all a hit with me basically because I'm kind of a sucker for flamed maple tops and I like the chrome hardware. I personally don't care much for the Absinth Frost or Acapulco Gold, I suppose if I had to choose one it would be the latter.

Heck, as long as green is even a possibility you could consider a trans green as well.

Last edited by Tonelover; 05-28-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Email Matt and ask him to order you an Agent orange RR1T. He should have it in three months. That's what he told be when I inquired about a color that he didn't have.

Personally I like the Agent orange color on a RR1T.

I think that would look awesome.... But it's totally subjective.

Comment

+1 for the absinthe frost imo

Comment

Absinthe Frost is really cool.
                          http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
                          Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

Absinthe frost is killer! But I'm a sucker for green! I think there is a warrior on Evilgay right now!

I work at Long & McQuade here in Burlington Ontario, if you want to give me a PM I can try my best to hook you up in BC?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              Order the color you really want, and then wait.
                              I agree. You'll always have a little bit of disappointment...
                              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X