Trans Red RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Red RR1

You don't see too many of these around, I just got this one in, special ordered from Matt's Music and thought I'd give a little report. Estimated wait time was three months and it arrived in 65 days after placing the order. In addition Matt's was the lowest price around. I'm happy with all of that and will definitely order from him again.

It is a lovely axe, more of a wine red than a brighter cherry red, the latter of which would help show the flame top a bit better. It also appears to lack a certain bit of the translucent depth of my green and blue ones. I did make a special request that they try and use a particularly nice flame top, this one is all right but I don't think they paid too much attention to my request. It's certainly not like the green one. Some of the detail was lost in the images when I resized them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy to have it. Still looks very sharp up close and definitely plays and sounds amazing. Perfect action, perfect intonation, it just rips. Some pictures below as well as the obligatory group shot. Enjoy.

Last edited by Tonelover; 05-30-2008, 12:19 AM.

i like the figure on the green

Comment

Lovely axe! You really have an awesome collection there!!! See-thru finish RRs are the way to go
      2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
      2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
      1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
      1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

nice, my favorite is the trans green one

Comment

You don't see too many transparent RRs. Looks great. Congrats.

BTW, flame and quilt-tops tend to not show quite as well with shades of red, as other colors. Especially in pictures. To me, the red one's flame-top looks just as nice as the green one. It just doesn't show through the red color quite as much.

Comment

The flame does not pop like on the green one, but it is a beauty! Congrats.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I love them!

Comment

I hate you for this guitars))) Awesome collection!
                '94 KV PCS
                '99 KV-2 Camo
                '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
                '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Very nice collection. I ordered my trans blue today. The dealer tried to cut me a deal on an older blue ghost flames that I believe he had in stock for a long time, but it was a little beat up. It almost looked used so I passed on it and ordered the new one. Now I just need to be patient and wait for it to show up.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X