Acapulco Gold KE2 Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acapulco Gold KE2 Kelly

The wait is almost over. Matt and UPS sent the message today that my Kelly should be here June 5. I've wanted a kelly since I saw Chris Hager of Rough Cutt playing one. June 5 marks 23 years I've been with my wife. Three days after we started dating I went on vacation with my family to California and the one thing I wanted to do most was play a kelly at the Hollywood GC. In Aug 2007 the need to get back to playing guitar was no longer hampered by an old thumb injury or lack of funds so I started lurking here. In Sept. I went back to the Hollywood GC planning to walk out with a Kelly. I'll skip to the end and say Matt's Music made it worth having the guitar cross the country twice and I'm not just talking price. I placed the order Oct 20th after agonizing for a month over a finish since Nebula wasn't an option at that time.

So why make you wait the last week with me? Because I've waited that last week with a handful of you and I could use some crossed fingers that UPS doesn't trash my guitar as it comes back to SoCal.

I'm still trying to get the best pics of this I can. I'll have to do a short video to really capture all the shades of gold, green, and grey. Now that the 23 year wait is over, I want more
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bri; 06-08-2008, 06:15 AM. Reason: Pics added

Fingers crossed! Pics when she arrives!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Cool. Looking forward to see this one.

Comment

For me, the ultimate metal axe (after my Bengal SL2H) is a black Kelly with blacked out hardware. Just the MOP inlays looking like shark teeth waiting to attack...

Comment

Congrats on getting the dream one step closer to reality!
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys. My fingers are a bit rusty so I should be able get my hands off her and pick up the camera without too much delay.

Comment

where are the pics?!

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
                where are the pics?!
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

+ 1

Comment

Pics are up top
                    Last edited by Bri; 06-08-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

WTF? If I click on any of those links up top, it tells me I'm trying to edit someone else's post?!
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I want to see these pictures you must learn the IMG tag

Comment

Damn! That is SWEET. Congrats on the new guitar!

Comment

Comment

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X